New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New here...few questions plz help

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Default New here...few questions plz help

Hi everyone.
This is my 1st time here and i just wanna ask a few questions:
1 - Is the civic coupe EK front wheel drive or back wheel? and which one of them is better for drifting n stuff:S
2 - I'm confused on what to get, I wanan buy either a 99 civic coupe EK or a 96 bmw 320ci, which one do u think is better?
3 - Is there a civic coupe EK bigger than 1.7 (engine), i heard of the si version but i cant seem to find any, and i dont even know what si means or does :S
I know that they are noob questions and ur probably just gonna read them and leave but please please reply to me, because i really wanna know:S
Thank You

Old 02-27-2006, 05:09 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New here...few questions plz help

Welcome to HCF. Yes it is a FWD.

Old 02-27-2006, 05:21 PM
HCF Member

Welcome.

Yes, ike Cutt said it is FWD.

2- This is a Civic forum. I would gather that most people are going to suggest the Civic.

3- Actaully the 99's didnt' come with anything bigger then a 1.6L. "Si" means "sport injection" and it is the "GT" (for lack of a beter term) version of the Civic. The Si is also equipped with dual overhead cams.

On a side note, if you just have to have bigger then a 1.6 they have lots of Honda/Acura motors that will bolt right into an EK chassis.

Old 02-27-2006, 05:33 PM

like street sniper said, there are plenty of honda motors that will bolt right in. go for a b16 or b18 swap, bigger doesnt necessarily mean better in a civic. remember, it is extremely light, and these swaps will help significantly. drop a gs-r motor in, walla, that's alot of power for a very light car. then a few basic bolt-ons after that, and you're already well off. not to mention the countless amount of turbo kits available for these motors. and just to let you know, all civics came with fwd. good luck modding!

Old 02-28-2006, 12:14 AM

Thank you guys for this info, you really helped, but can you please tell me what a b18 or a gs-r motor is? And how much does one of them cost?
Btw is FWD good for drifting? Cuz i hear backwheel is better