New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Owner Looking for Some Answers

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Default New Owner Looking for Some Answers

Hey everyone, just got myselft a 05 Civic VP with the D17A1 1.7, it's a black 2 door and it's a 5 speed, i was wondering if i can put in a civic ex dash cluster with the tachometer, please be specific, im very new to these cars. I just came from the world of turbo dodges, had myself an 86 GLH turbo Omni and i burned plenty of hondas so i wanted to see how the otherside lived.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:39 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New Owner Looking for Some Answers

Are you in Canada? I dont know a VP but it must be the equivalent of the DX in the USA. I am almost positive you can swap the whole thing... the 04-05 LX and EX dash cluster are identical. I think the only difference is the LX is Blue outside and red needles and EX is mostly Red gauges...

Old 02-06-2007, 10:46 PM
HCF Member

We do have VP trim in the U.S. Its the lowest trim for the coupe and second lowest for sedan.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:07 AM

yes, its a VP power Nothing

Old 03-16-2007, 08:30 PM

Hey everyone, i purchased a 03-05 Civic EX 5 speed tachometer instrument panel off of ebay, so i tore my dash apart and popped the new one in, but when i turned the key nothing, it doesn't even notice its there, the door buzzer won't chime, no lights no nothing, i know a guy at the dealership and he plugged in the honda scanner and tried the body/electrical scan and it didn't even reconginze the car. SO putting an EX gauge cluster in the DX is out of the question, BUT know i have another, i found a 4 bubble cluster for 01-02, they have separate fuel, water temp, speedo and tach, would this possibly work.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:03 PM

ORIGINAL: zenarc

Hey everyone, i purchased a 03-05 Civic EX 5 speed tachometer instrument panel off of ebay, so i tore my dash apart and popped the new one in, but when i turned the key nothing, it doesn't even notice its there, the door buzzer won't chime, no lights no nothing, i know a guy at the dealership and he plugged in the honda scanner and tried the body/electrical scan and it didn't even reconginze the car. SO putting an EX gauge cluster in the DX is out of the question, BUT know i have another, i found a 4 bubble cluster for 01-02, they have separate fuel, water temp, speedo and tach, would this possibly work.
Dude, It's not cool to jack someone else's thread. Start your own if you have a question. But Welcome to HCF!!!

Old 03-16-2007, 09:50 PM

What, i started this particular thread a few weeks ago and really didn't get any help so i went on my own and tried a few things now im back.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:02 PM

Sorry Guy,

my bad, I didn't realize you basically asked the same question again in your own thread. Yeah, I know what you're feeling. Most people won't answer if they feel that you haven't researched it enough on your own. This forum isn't as bad as honda-tech forum is. This forum still has plenty of friendly's around, you just have to be patient.