New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to site

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 11:17 PM
Default New to site

Hi guys & gals -

I'm new to the site - just bought an '07 Civic EX 4 door - replaced my wife's '94 LX 4 door. I initially bought it for her, but I've sort of taken over the car - she keeps saying the dash is "too SciFi" Since I don't mind, she took my Camry and I wound up in the Civic.

I've been lurking on the forums since I picked up the car, just trying to get a feel for what happens here. Just hoping to learn from you guys - I have negative mechanical ability. If I try to fix something on a car, it gets worse. If I tried to break something on a car it would probably work better. Even replacing stuff like license plate frames intimidates me.

Anyway, to the powers that be (hosts & mods) and to the regular posters - Thanks! I've already learned alot from this site, and I'll probably be stopping by pretty regularly. Bear with me if I ask stupid questions or questions that have been asked before - I've already read most of the FAQs here, but I have most of this stuff is so far above my head that I may be asking just for the sake of clarification.

Again thanks!

Old 03-25-2007, 11:33 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New to site

Welcome to the forum. I, too, am rather new here. I can tell you that business picks up a great deal during the week. As you can clearly see, the forum is nearly dead some weekends.

Happy new car, and I hope you enjoy it. You have chosen a good car. Some of the best designing any company has done. I hear that one of the lead design technicians was a great Honda mod-tuner mechanic.

In terms of mechanical ability, don't worry about it. Many quick mods to boost horsepower are quite simple, and many good manufacturers will have instructions provided either on the web, or included with their part. If that still intimidates you, there's always that guy you know who's good with cars. Everybody knows someone like that...

Enjoy your time here!

Old 03-26-2007, 08:00 AM
Default RE: New to site

Welcome to HCF!!! There is a wealth of knowledge here, just be patient, people will get back to you in due time.