New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to the site

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 01:03 PM
HCF Member
Talking

Originally Posted by 96 Civic DX
I AM A Post *****

^^577 posts for 96 civic dx^^

bahahahaha

those had to be the most worthless 600 posts ever

Old 05-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Banned

i love how you guys on here think i give a f*ck about my post count... Just talkin, tryin to get to know someone so back the f*ck off

Old 05-11-2009, 02:00 PM

hmm, you asked for opinions on some new tails...

what i think would look good, and it would match your black/red theme you got going (since the windows are really dark), is take the stock taillights and tint them with some VHT Niteshades (it's a spray (removable with sandpaper)... don't use the vinyl overlays) and get some Luxeon 1156 (I think that's the number) LED bulbs from superbrightleds.com to brighten the lights so they penetrate the dark tint. The Luxeon bulbs are $35 a piece (you need 2), but they're really bright and good quality. I used red. Without the brighter bulbs it's not very safe to drive with the tinted tails.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:14 AM
TOKYO DRIFTZ

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
hmm, you asked for opinions on some new tails...

what i think would look good, and it would match your black/red theme you got going (since the windows are really dark), is take the stock taillights and tint them with some VHT Niteshades (it's a spray (removable with sandpaper)... don't use the vinyl overlays) and get some Luxeon 1156 (I think that's the number) LED bulbs from superbrightleds.com to brighten the lights so they penetrate the dark tint. The Luxeon bulbs are $35 a piece (you need 2), but they're really bright and good quality. I used red. Without the brighter bulbs it's not very safe to drive with the tinted tails.
Thanks. i will look into that. alot of ppl were telling me to just spray the ones i have now. but i like the stock look better.. idk if i will spray them or not.. but your right it might look really good. as for the brighter bulbs. i have hid in the tails and the L's plate light already!

Old 05-12-2009, 10:53 AM
HCF Member

Haha good luck finding VHT nightshades though

Old 05-12-2009, 11:15 AM
TOKYO DRIFTZ

why? i am sure its not hard

Old 05-12-2009, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by kfock05
Thanks. i will look into that. alot of ppl were telling me to just spray the ones i have now. but i like the stock look better.. idk if i will spray them or not.. but your right it might look really good. as for the brighter bulbs. i have hid in the tails and the L's plate light already!
You don't have HID's in your taillights. You might have bulbs that say "HID" on the package, referring to the HID-like color of the bulb's light.
But yea, those bulbs still aren't bright enough. You really gotta go with LEDs if you tint the tails dark at all.

Originally Posted by Superfly
Haha good luck finding VHT nightshades though
Originally Posted by kfock05
why? i am sure its not hard
You're right, it's not hard. I think he was referring to finding it locally in stores. It's not that easy to find locally. I recommend just buying online. It costs a little more because of shipping, but it's worth it, because it's much easier to find.

One can will be enough.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:13 PM
TOKYO DRIFTZ

oh i went up to my brothers shop today and they had it.

yeah i meant the LED in the tails.