New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

niece's new(to her) 98' civic dx

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 07:25 AM
Default niece's new(to her) 98' civic dx

I have decided to help my neice out with her 98 civic dx. she has had a volkswagen jetta, a ford focus, and has been happiest with the Honda civic so far (goes for me too!). she really likes the tuner car scene, and has been attending meets in south florida and central florida for a long time. Her civic DX is destined to be altered, hopefully for the better... to be part show, but mostly go. I am trying to get her to do solo autocross events with me, (I drive a street prepared first gen mr2) so that she can improve her car handling skills. am certain she will be attending the local honda meets, and will get know some of you soon.

we have access to a b-18 motor with low miles that she wants to swap for her non v-tech. I will be combing through the threads here getting all the info and take much care to plan, and debate this mod as much as possible before doing anything. looking at my friend's integra motor sitting beside her car I can already visualize the swap requirements. the biggest thing is she still has to have AC! I am an aircraft mechanic and have years of experience working on and improving cars.

look forward to communicating with you all and welcome any and all imput on making this Honda rock...[sm=happy046.gif]

regards,

Rick

Old 11-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Stinky Administrator
Default RE: niece's new(to her) 98' civic dx

welcome to hcf, sounds like a great plan use the search button and check out the engine swap threads. good luck

Old 11-06-2006, 01:15 PM

Alright man good luck!..welocme to HCF!!! and yea u can search for all the stuff u are lookin for,but if u cant find it!...PEG has no life and he will help u!..lmao!..jk anyonw ill help u man!

Old 11-06-2006, 01:20 PM
HCF Member

Welcome. You've come upon the right place for info. Good luck!

Old 11-06-2006, 04:58 PM

hey bro! im new here too. and youre talkin about a b18c right? i'd love to have one of those in my civic. good luck with everything

Old 11-06-2006, 05:28 PM

Theres a couple of good B18 motors!...B18c1: GSR or B18c5: Type-R

Old 11-06-2006, 08:49 PM
mxs
HCF Member

to use the stock AC compressor you just need a AC bracket off a 96-97 del Sol VTEC. A few motor mounts, shift linkage, axles, ecu.

of course I think everyone should start racing in a stock car, but it should be a fun project and she'll have a good time even if she's getting totally destroyed in Street Mod.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:53 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Peg_Leg

welcome to hcf, sounds like a great plan use the search button and check out the engine swap threads. good luck
I couldnt of said it better myself peg.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:38 PM
HCF Member

to use the stock AC compressor you just need a AC bracket off a 96-97 del Sol VTEC. A few motor mounts, shift linkage, axles, ecu.

of course I think everyone should start racing in a stock car, but it should be a fun project and she'll have a good time even if she's getting totally destroyed in Street Mod.
i like how mxs is the only one who knows that engine swaps require you to run street mod...lol, but yea, i heard that the b series that comes in the us integras sucks the big ones... two of my friends, one has an integra with full exhaust, intake, and some other misc. mods... got beat pretty bad by my other friends '00 honda accord with sri and cat back... and a system... also, i drove them both, the accord more than the teg, mainly cuz my buddy with the accord lives beside me, and i must say, i wasnt really impressed with the teg... but im sure that it was a crappy modle integra w/o vtech.... but i not really a hudge fan of v-tech anyway.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:51 PM
mxs
HCF Member

it really depends on the competition in your region. personally I'm terrified of our street mod winners here, haha. but in another region nearby, street mod is a bunch of honda guys.