New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Paint cracking

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 02:44 PM
MLW
Default Paint cracking

Hello all, I have been doing a lot of research on the 2006 Civic recently, more than I really wanted to know. I'm not a car expert or into modifications I just need some help form those who are. I am having a paint issue and need to know if anyone else out there is as well. My 06 Civic is 11 months old and about 2 months ago I noticed cracks in the paint. First one spot on the hood, then another, then one on the trunk lid, then another, then one on the roof, then another. I think you notice a pattern here. There is a total of 80 cracked paint spots all over my car. Body shops call them crows feet or spider webs. dealership says environmental and not covered under warranty. Now I may be a girl and a blonde at that but I take very good care of my car. Wash every week myself, 2 coats of wax so far, plus extra on the front during bug season, wash those off everyday during that season as well. I have a very hard time believing this. Any professionals out there or others having this same problem that could give any advise on how to handle this? Are there ways to disprove the dealership? I have gathered lots of information from really good body shops in town and 3 of 4 say defect in paint. Can anyone help!![&o]

Old 10-19-2006, 03:16 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: Paint cracking

Hi, you don't need to start the same thread 4 times.

Old 10-19-2006, 03:40 PM
MLW
Default RE: Paint cracking

SORRY new at this.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:06 AM

I have the same issue with my black 2006. The dealership (Right, Scottsdale, Az.) told me they had seen it before and it was covered under warranty. They ran it up the flag pole and the district service rep came back and said it would not be covered due to high mileagee. My car has also been well cared for. I have asked for a phone call or a face-to-face with the district rep and he never gets back to me. This has been going on for almost a year.

Last Honda I will ever buy simply based on their attitude towards the situation.

S.C.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:44 AM
HCF Member

ya my buddy had the same issue with his 06 and warrenty wouldnt cover it but he went to a body shop Craftmens collsion and they repainted the car and then he took the bill and took honda to court in all end 1 year and 4 months later he got the money back for the paint job all in all he says it wasnt worth it