New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Sorta Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Default Sorta Newbie

Hey everyone. I'm new to civics but not new to Hondas.

I just recently 'inherited' a Civic. Its stock for now but I would love to Mod it.
I haven't really decided if I want to go all motor or Boost. I've a couple of friends with Boosted cars (including some accords) and I feel like I know boost better. But i also feel that all motor is more reliable.

I don't know what i want to do yet but I will be doing somethng this comming summer.

I'm looking for suggestions.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:27 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Sorta Newbie

whats up...
soo um what year an make honda?? i would say BOOST... ones u boost ull never go back, i like boost more just cause its a head turner, an i love the sound of the spool, but BOVS annoy me lol

post some pics to an good luck with the disicion

Old 12-23-2007, 09:44 PM

Its a 97 Civic Ex.

See I love the BOV sound.
I would love to boost. I know it is a ton of fun. I am just worried about reliability. And I know a good tune and a quality set up can go a long way but.... I need my car.
Even if I go NA I don't think i'll be doing to many crazy upgrades. probably just IHE, cams, and .... well i dont' really know what else.

No pics just yet.... Its winter out here so its cold and the car looks like ****.

Old 12-24-2007, 08:58 AM
HCF Member

haha yeah i dont know much about all motor but its def not as much fun to drive an its super expesive to run anythin lower then a mid 12, An u can trow relibaly out the window if ur goin to be boostin like crazy, i say normaly boost 6-9 ur fine but like 15-25 relibaly is gone...haha

an if u boost id say a god b16 or b18 with b16 heads, or all motor id go with the h22

good luck

Old 12-24-2007, 09:29 AM

Well from the emo car guys that i talk to they say driving all motor makes you feel more in touch with the car where as just slapping on a turbo makes you feel like your forcing the car to perform.

I'm not really looking to reach mid 12's... I'm sure I could be really happy with mid 14's

If i boost I won't be running more than probably 7psi daily and then 10psi on 'track days'.

I never really thought about swapping. but it makes perfect sense. I do greatly enjoy vtec in the H22 and the B18C (jdm ) plus if i swap one of those and I keep that engine practically stock I'll have my reliability.

hmm decisions

Old 12-24-2007, 10:50 AM
HCF Member

yeah thats true, but way not do head work?? i mean u can 7psi on a stock motor easy. an 14's is sooooo slow, Its a good goal to go for, not hard at all to acomplish. But what about have that...im sure ur not goin want to be runnin 14's all summer, Id say built it an boost it. run 7-10psi daily, when u wanna racin boost big an show em whats up. most of the cars that will see u that ur runnin a turbo an wanna mess around on the roads will be most likly be runnin 13..stis..evos...mustangs...str-4s ect. An im sure ur gettin get pissin an its goin to get old getin crushed all the time.

just somethin to think about...but whatever ur car, id like to see what u built, an vtc in a B18 is insane...

Old 12-24-2007, 12:01 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to the Forum

go boost i say.

Btw PNK, where is the thread where you had listed all the mods on your car?

Old 12-24-2007, 12:13 PM
HCF Member

ummm idk...ill PM em to ya if u want em