New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

well hi yall

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Default well hi yall

Figured I'd join in the fun.

I've got a black (don't know the factory name) '05Si hatch.Combination of a lot of graduation gifts, selling my two cars (87 Jeep Wagoneer + 80 El Camino w/ '66 327) and a lot of luck. I'm looking to work on this baby or pullup another high milage 90's civic and work on it. If anyone has suggestions,shoot em at me. Iwas more ofa muscle car person until I got this so I'm (slightly) out of place.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:37 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: well hi yall

[:'(]why would you get rid of that el camino dude! that 327 woulda bin sweet!!!

Old 07-17-2007, 12:53 PM
HCF Member

---welcome, I have an '02 Si 3dr, purchased last October, you've made a big change!-- mine goes to shop for accessories this friday, no performance mods yet. Sticking to Honda parts, no aftermarket stuff yet. My car was manufactured in UK --- adding foglights and carbon fiber dash kit and splash gaurds in an attempt to keep some tar off my paint, the car is satin silver-- will attempt to post pics when its done

Old 07-18-2007, 08:23 AM

Too much money sunk in with too little results. Got screwed on it too many times to count. It was my "first car" my parents picked up for me from a neighbor and it went through too many sets of hands. My lesson learned from that: do it yourself.

They paid3k for the car (cause I wanted it so bad at the time)with 98k miles, a failing factory v8, bad rear end (slipped left to right),and an exhaust manifold that made sure we smelled each cylinder through the broken acwhen it fired. Paint was a joke, bad air shocks, etc.Far too much to start. But in order to pull anything worthwhile out of it, it'd need a new tranny and rear end. Not a normal 3 speed auto and whatever the stock rear end is in that. Shipped it to a neighbor's brother to put in the 327 he had in his garage, to his friend for the paint (screwed us, fender rust after 1 year, bubbles throughout the bed, bumpers didn't hold out for 3 months). It had a killer stereo in it though. Not even 1/4 ofthe stuff and too much moneyalready. I'll cut the long story short:

I mean, it looks good, but for what was put in it, definately a huge loss. Actually, I'm still trying to sell it.

Honestly, even with it's current condition, my civic is as quick as it was up until about 55 or so. Even after it still isn't far behind.