New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

What kind of civic to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 09:21 PM
Default What kind of civic to buy?

My girlfriend is interested in buying a civic. She also wants to mod it up.

We're looking through them and we're having trouble finding something nice.

She'll be driving in Dallas, so we don't want a stick (she wasn't going to be a serious racer anyways).

She also wants it to be fairly quick. As in... noticeably faster than her 96 mustang v6 convertible.

Our budget: 10,000.

This car is going to be driving back and forth from Dallas to Wichita, Kansas(400 miles, 800 round trip) fairly often, so it should have low(or avg, but not high) miles and we would really prefer that it hasn't already been modded whatsoever.

We plan on installing things like I/E, but if headers and a 'chip' or something of the like would help quite a bit we'll go that route also.

So:
Automatic
Quick
Reliable(Low-Avg miles)

Her dad is a contractor for semi trucks etc, so we can get the car to us from about anywhere in the US, so that won't be an issue.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:49 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What kind of civic to buy?

I would look at the Civic Si.I dont know what generation civic you like its up to you.Welcome to the forum

Old 10-26-2006, 10:49 PM
HCF Member

The civic si is the best racing choice but they only come in stick, so your best bet would be to get an ex, and just look for a generation of civic that you like. 10,000 would be enough to make it real nice.

Old 10-26-2006, 11:22 PM
HCF Member

buy a car for 7k, strap a turbo to it for 3k (it seems like if you're asking these questions you prob couldn't do it yourself so you'd have to pay for labor, no offense) Best way to make good power for cheap

Old 10-27-2006, 08:45 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

99-00 civic SI is going to give her the most power out of a civic.

welcome to hcf

Old 10-27-2006, 08:50 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: aryiman98civic

99-00 civic SI is going to give her the most power out of a civic.

welcome to hcf
but she doesnt want stick...go to an EX, youll love it, pick a year that you like and is in good condition. then put slap some bolt ons on it and youll be set i/h/e would be best best..since you said she dont want to be a racer...forget about the turbo...i/h/e is all youll need

Old 10-27-2006, 02:37 PM
HCF Member

Yeah but to be quicker than a v6 mustang... she'll need more than a n/a 4 cyl engine... turbo it.

Old 10-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: TheMoogly

Yeah but to be quicker than a v6 mustang... she'll need more than a n/a 4 cyl engine... turbo it.
my fault, maybe i should have read the whole thing in detail haha, sorry dude, BOOST

however,
ORIGINAL: drzenitram

This car is going to be driving back and forth from Dallas to Wichita, Kansas(400 miles, 800 round trip) fairly often, so it should have low(or avg, but not high) miles and we would really prefer that it hasn't already been modded whatsoever.
thats not good

Old 10-27-2006, 08:03 PM
HCF Member

that s some COOL girlfriend you get there.
07 SI bro!
Im in HOUSTON, welcome to HCF!!!

Old 10-27-2006, 10:10 PM
HCF Member

buy a manual EG hatch. mod the hell out of it. and then kick your girlfriend to the curb and keep the car for yourself!

Quick Reply: What kind of civic to buy?