Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

all items for a turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 08:03 AM
Default RE: all items for a turbo

kappa, u wanna alittle cheese with your wine? also as far as a job at 15 its not that hard ive been working since i was 14, and paid cash for everything i have, and still have a large piggy bank too. as far as a civic dx...i can win 1st place at a show and take a 13.4 @101mph in the 1/4 (on19s) so thats no dx there.

ricosauve- to answer your question, downpipe, intercooler, all the pipes for your setup, a wastegate of some sort (ex or in), bov, oil lines(feed&return), some kind of fuel management setup, vaccum hoses, gauges of choice, there that should get your started, so u can get a ballpark price

Old 01-25-2005, 02:47 PM

well just to answer this young man's question:
turbocharger / Exhaust manifold / downpipe / inlet pipe /
piping from compressor housing to either intake manifold or to intercooler (and if intercooler then IC to maifold piping) /
oil feed line / oil return line / (if water cooled) coolant feed line / coolant return line

then possibly supporting things, like an intercooler, injectors, fuel pump, clutch, etc.

Old 01-25-2005, 04:47 PM

Thanks for answering the guys ? Grim. Man don't sweat it, I'm 15 too, check out my car, I have had a small job for a while but not much money, enough to worry about one years worth of insurance and a few mods. Plus when I get my liscence in april, it will be easier to get an actual part time job so I can start payin my parents back for the car, and continue to mod it. I have the car at fifteen cause I didnt buy a lot of crap like video games and movies, and I even cut out cds for a while, I would rather work on a car, thats my interest. So far I have brought the car into good running order and started off modding it and its a matter of money and time now. I know guys that are like 13 and they have dirt bikes and foruwheelers worth more than my car(live in the south what can I say). I would just rather have a car around to work on, although it is annoying to pull up next to a CIVIC at a stoplight with my mom in the passenger seat lol. JK bout the civic, I am actually thinkin in a few years of building a turbocharged civic so there you have it, I respect them if they dont have all sorts of useless wastes of money stuck all over them.