Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Blow off valve question

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 11:38 PM
Default RE: Blow off valve question

it is porably just from the new turbo, give it a couple days, it should go away.you runnin catless too? dont know if loosening will help but the emanage can be tuned. just find a good tooner near you.
and where are you from?

Old 06-23-2006, 11:45 PM

Unfortunately I live in Central Illinois. There are no tuners in the area. I couldn't even find someone to really help with the install, that is why I did it myself. It was a learning experience for me. I am hoping that there is a test and tune session at Gateway this month, but outside of that I am pretty much on trial and error as well as picking up info on the forum. I enjoy working on my cars but am limited to help. It took me 2 weeks to swap a b16 into my CRX HF.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:51 PM

i dont know much about emanage but i know with hondata, you just hook up the laptop to the ecu and you can do some street tuning. and on the hondata website it has a forum, and people can tell you which setups to go with so you wont have to be driving around for a couple hours a day for a week like my boy and i did with his rsx. also got a damn ticket doin the ****. i was driving, he was tuing.

Old 06-24-2006, 12:12 AM

That sucks. Do you know anyone on here that runs the emanage? I have heard mixed reviews on the emanage. I thought it was a relatively easy install. I was fortunate to do it right the first time. It has room to adjust the vtec but that is unchartered water for me. Plus, SOHC just doesn't soound as nice as the DOHC kicking in. I haven't found many people who do the tuning on their own. I want to be the one tuning my car, not an uninterested third party who is doing it for the money. Hell, I went through the pain in installing the turbo myself, might as well be the one tuning it Trying to find some reading material on tuning. Guess I will tinker with the BOV in the morning. Will I be able to get the BOV to sound off with 5lbs? Should I be concerned with back spooling? I appreciate all of your input. Turbo is in now it is time to start fitting and sanding the body kit and hood. Guess I am a glutten for punishment.

Old 06-24-2006, 12:22 AM

proably not, just think of cars that come with turbos stock that you cant hear the spool or bov like an impreza. same thing kinda, low boost so it probably wont. try different civic forums and see. and see if there is an emanage forum. im sure there has to be one.

Old 06-24-2006, 12:27 AM

Thanks for all the help. This is the first time that someone on this forum has actually helped a "newbie."

Old 06-24-2006, 12:31 AM

its not that...this is a pretty helpful forum. but dig this...it is a friday night, and here in cali it is 10:30. you and i are prob just the only ones with nothing to do. lol, well, you do, i dont have a civ anymore, if i did, i wouldnt be on either. lol. but no problem.

Old 06-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Recognized HCF Member

pete is running that greddy kit with the emanage on his d16z6, yes loosening the b.o.v. will help it open and close easier... should have no problem opening or else they wouldnt of giving it to you with the kit...

Old 06-26-2006, 01:37 AM

Where do you have your blowoff valve hose "t'd" into? You may not be getting enough pressure. I have a 92 hatch w/ a Greddy Turbo Kit, which I installed myself. I wasn't getting much pressure either, and I cut into the brake line area so I could get a lot of suction. It's getting late, and I need to get to bed. I will look more closely at your questions when I wake up so I can be an assistance to you. I just got mine installed. By the way, how many miles does your motor have on it? Mine had about 180,000 (give or take, because my speedometer didn't work for a while), and I now have to replace my motor. I'm burning a lot of oil. Blown crap is a given if you are goign to turbo an older motor. Also too, I HIGHLY recommend that you get a boost gauge and a boost controller. You can get that off ebay. I purchased mine by a company called "Glo Gauges." They are fast on shipment, and sell great products. I would also suggest getting an oil pressure gauge. I would recommend getting a dual pod for that. All of that is just a thought. I hope this helps.

Old 06-26-2006, 01:13 PM

I would say losen it a little bit your only running 5psi also like mentioned above youer did you tee into for your bov. How are you tuning do you have a wideband and a egt or are you just guessing or does the emaneige tell you wideband and did you install a wideband probe or are you tunning with the blinking light show. I dont know much about emanage either. The burn off is normal for a couple of days to get threw the heat cycles just like putting on new headers or a engine rebuild its just the oils and paints and everything from getting hot. If you dont have a boost guage that is a needed thing you dont really need the boost controller untill you are ready to raise the boost because the wastgate will not let you go lower than 5 psi anyway and if its set up for 5 then it should hold that all the time but i would deffanently get a boost guage so you can monitor it and see where your at now. A tune is everything and will make or brake you engine if not done properly and a tune is what makes the big hp on you setup. Good luck.