Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Finally Boosted! (Pics and IACV Question pg. 3)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 01:25 PM
HCF Member
Default Finally Boosted! (Pics and IACV Question pg. 3)

Finally boosted, took like 2 full days of work. Kind of cool intercooler setup i got, had to re-mount it from the original location. It's located off the passenger side on the front bumper now with the charge piping right right off the turbo, one 90 degree corner, then right into the intercooler. A lot easier than running a U-turn around the driver side fender. Anyway, started it up, runs okay. Kind of chuggy when it first starts up, and one time it revved all to high hell before i shut it off. Started it back up, and we were fine. Pulling a CEL code 14, my oil drain line is leaking a bit off of the turbo itself, and the biggest thing. Haha, gotta love eBay with the next story. the LAST LAST LAST clamp of the whole setup was to the nipple on my BOV. Remember its a GReddy knock-off from eBay. Well tightened it down, ready to go, turned the clamp once more and the vacuum nipple SNAPS off. Done. So now i'm BOV-less, leaking a bit of oil, and have a CEL. Other than that she's running fine. Oh, and my boost gauge isn't reading any positive PSI. It bounces around a bunch in the left side of the gauge, but never goes up to the right in teh PSI section. So i'm not registering PSI. Any ideas about why i'm not registering any PSI, or what i should do about my code 14? Apparently its my IAC Valve. This is the code:

Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
88-98 88-98 97-98 88-91 93-97 95-98 88-98 IAC Valve (Idle Air Control)
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

Where is this located, and what should i do to fix it?s

Old 06-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Finally Boosted! Problems of course

jebus, its about time lol jk get some pics up

Old 06-26-2008, 02:07 PM
HCF Member

lol yea i know. I have a few from the first day with just the turbo mounted, i'll get some more in the morning because my cars like 15 or 20 minutes away and i'm too lazy to drive.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:18 PM
HCF Member

it's reading vacuumlike it's supposed to.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Snail'n Admin

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_566911/tm.htm That shows you how to clean it but other than that...I dunno, but its a start

Old 06-26-2008, 04:39 PM
HCF Member

yeah i know its reading vacuum but i took it for a drive and revved it pretty good/drove it pretty hard and nothing registered.

and my car had no problem idling before boost, now its kind of all over. Could my IACV have gotten dirty during the install, or could i have bumped it/screwed it up during the install? Thanks for sure though Trent

Old 06-26-2008, 04:55 PM
HCF Member

You could just try resetting the ECU and see if it comes back on in a week or so. I dunno. Have you ever cleaned the IACV?

Thats awesome man! can't wait to see pics

Old 06-26-2008, 05:01 PM
HCF Member

no the IACV valve has never been cleaned that i know of. Forgot to add that the CEL doesn't come on at first, it takes like 5 - 10 seconds and hten it turns on.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:23 PM
HCF Member

Then I would just clean that out and reset the ECU see if it pops up again. Also you might want to change the pcv valve or atleast clean it, it's only $5 at an auto store. I hear that once you turbo those can get clogged up quicker.

Yeah for those oil lines you got to tighten the crap out of them I hear.

Not bad tho you got it put together for the most part.

Oh make sure when you clean the IACV with throttle body cleaner or whatever you choose, that you let it dry out completely befor you start your car up.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:45 PM
HCF Member

Check the head-exhaust manifold for leaks. Check manifold-turbo and manifold-wastegate for leaks. Check all charge piping and anywhere else you can think of for leaks. What psi spring is in your wastegate? Your most likely always going to have some type of an oil leak. I have leaks out of my feed and return lines. Its just part of owning a turbo car. Just make sure your return line is as direct as possible and try different clamps and stuff until you can stop the leak. If not just make sure your not losing substantial amounts of oil and you'll be alright.

Quick Reply: Finally Boosted! (Pics and IACV Question pg. 3)