Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Finally Boosted! (Pics and IACV Question pg. 3)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 07:59 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Finally Boosted! Problems of course

internally gated at 8 psi. Yeah the oil drain line on the turbo itself is a bit loose, gonna have to tighten it up. My turbo is literally located like inches from my oil pan, so my drain line is short, fairly steep and direct. All my charge piping is good as far as i can tell, the turbo is bolted onto the manifold well, i can hear it spooling when i rev high and let off the gas, so i know its spinning, we'll have to see. It might have something to do with the BOV, idk. I'm getting a legit GReddy one in the next week or so, and i think that will help a lot.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:46 PM

You've got a boost leak somewhere. Probably the BOV, but you've got a boost leak for sure. Double check all of your couplers, that means pull them to see if they're loose. If they're loose, they're leaking.

What ECU are you running and tuned with what? If the code just popped up with the switch over to the new ECU then it's something in the coding or setup of the software that's not right. If you've got a .bin I'll take a look at it and try to find out what's up, either that or you forgot to plug it in or something stupid like that.

Congrats on finally getting it together.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:38 PM
HCF Member

p06. Just OBD1 non-VTEC if i remember correctly (kinda drunk to be honest). It's not tuned yet, just a basemap from Phearable. "If you've got a .bin" is that a typo? haha Thanks though. We had to apoxy the vac nipple back on, its just a band-aid for now, trust me. That might be pulling it, idk, because if the seal on the apoxyed nipple is a little loose it'll give me a vac leak. Would that have something to do with the IACV?

Old 06-27-2008, 03:40 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: red2000Si
Your most likely always going to have some type of an oil leak. I have leaks out of my feed and return lines. Its just part of owning a turbo car.
wtf?! My setup never leaked a drop, until of course I threw a rod. If you've got leaks, fix em.

Flip, the .bin Sov is referring to is the file format for your basemap. He's saying if you can send him that file, he will check it out and take a look.

Probably shouldnt be romping on it until you;ve got that BOV fixed, and are confident that everything else is intact, and ready to see a tuner

Old 06-27-2008, 04:32 AM
Snail'n Admin

have you checked your fast idle valve? That seems to be a bigger issue than the IACV

Old 06-27-2008, 10:49 AM
HCF Member

fast idle valve? No idea Trent.

Tony i agree, i just drove it on one kind of hard pull to see if any PSI would register on my boost gauge and it didn't. But i'm bringing it to a shop tomorrow to get my downpipe welded and they're also going to retard my timing and try and fix my oil drain line too, so that should be better. I also have another BOV here that i might try, i just couldn't find snap-ring pliers so i said screw it i'll get the GReddy style.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:36 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

Your most likely always going to have some type of an oil leak. I have leaks out of my feed and return lines. Its just part of owning a turbo car.
wtf?! My setup never leaked a drop, until of course I threw a rod. If you've got leaks, fix em.
I dont have oil pouring out of my lines but I have an extremely light leak, almost a resedue on both of my lines. Oil gets extremely hot and is very difficult to keep it from leaking slightly especially if your just using a hose clamp to keep your return line on a fitting. My point was that oil leaks are a part of owning a car that isnt supposed to be turbod. I agree that you should to your best to fix a leak but your more than likely going to be dealing with things of that nature for most of the time you own the car and its just part of common maintanance that canstantly has to be dealt with.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Forty04

I dont have oil pouring out of my lines but I have an extremely light leak, almost a resedue on both of my lines. Oil gets extremely hot and is very difficult to keep it from leaking slightly especially if your just using a hose clamp to keep your return line on a fitting. My point was that oil leaks are a part of owning a car that isnt supposed to be turbod. I agree that you should to your best to fix a leak but your more than likely going to be dealing with things of that nature for most of the time you own the car and its just part of common maintanance that canstantly has to be dealt with.
Sidenote but, are you using oil resistant rubber hosing or just rubber hosing!? Definitely want to make sure you have oil resitant hosing, otherwise it will swell and burst after a while.

Flip, my suggestions.

Boost leak test your car, google boost leak tester and you'll get 2384828474474 hits. Make sure you can build like 20psi with the tester without anything coming off (you won't hurt anything by doing this the engine is off during the test). If you keep blowing off pipes, use hairspray on the ends. ****s like superglue.

Then take the car to your tuner. Your tuner should be able to fix the code and they will also be able to tune the car for your setup. Then you will be good to boost good sir.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:11 PM
HCF Member

'Bout damn time flip... I'm glad to see your making some more progress though

I am fairly sure that your IACV is connected because when I swapped my intake manifolds I forgot to plug it back in and the car wouldn't start, it took me like 20 min's to figure it out. lol So if the car starts without having to giveit gas while cranking or to keep it running then the IACV is connected.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:13 PM
HCF Member

Sounds sick! Good to see more activity in this section. You're gonna love your car as long as you give it proper and frequent maintenance.
________
SOLDERING GUN VAPORIZER

Last edited by arust45; 09-10-2011 at 02:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Finally Boosted! (Pics and IACV Question pg. 3)