Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Finally Boosted! (Pics and IACV Question pg. 3)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:55 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Finally Boosted! Problems of course

haha is that a compliment Tony? I know what you mean though Yeah i'm getting it tuned ASAP, getting the IACV CEL cleared when i get it tuned so that'll take care of two things (CEL and a tune), my car is actually at a shop right now getting the oil leak fixed, and the new BOV will be coming soon.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:44 PM
HCF Member

lol I love the uncentered intercooler, its like a fmic's version of a gangster lean.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:42 PM
HCF Member

try using a swivel AN 90deg fitting for the oil drain, will help the stress on the line.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:27 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Aint nothing wrong with lookin Homemade at all...........as long as it works eventually

Where are you getting it tuned?

Old 07-02-2008, 01:31 PM
HCF Member

i was thinking CornBred just for a street tune, but now i'm thinking Beeyond Engineering in Wisconsin. It'll be a dyno tune (over the CornBred street tune) and it's like 4 -5 hours closer.

Oil leak was fixed yesterday, ordering a new BOV when i get my paycheck Monday, and the tune will clear the IACV CEL, which will be hopefully in the next week or so.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:48 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

About time Flip. It does look homemade but if it works then who cares what it looks like. Also people talking about oil always leaking a little bit. THAT IS BULL****! I have had my turbo installed for about two years and I have never leaked any oil. Also Flip CornBred is a good team, I will be going to them to get tuned.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:20 AM
HCF Member

yeah oil is still leaking really bad, not off of the turbo anymore, but the oil pan tap on the drain line. I think i need a new tap gasket from Stealthmode and then re-tap the pan and it will be a lot better.

Also i'm ordering the BOV as i type this and will call Beeyond in the next few days to set up an appointment.

Tyler i talked to the CornBred guys on AIM a few times and yea they really seemed to know their **** and you can't beat the price, but Beeyond in Wisconsin is a dyno tune and it's also 3 hours easier. So it's either spend a little money on gas and a lot on a nice dyno tune, or a lot of gas and a little on a street tune. Idk though, i remember you recommended them to me so thanks for that, it's still up in the air, we'll see though.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:22 PM
HCF Member

no, what you do is, drop the oil pan, and on your current tap location, weld in a small metal plate over the area from the interior, then redrill and retap. that way you'll have more surface area for the threaded seal. and don't forget some good ole thread sealant like permatex or something.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:28 PM
HCF Member

adapter plate isn't fitting the turbo/manifold right, replacing it with a 14b and adapater plate for an HF manfold, getting my downpipe re-welded and wideband o2 bung relocated (it was too close to the ground for comfort), getting a new chip for my p06 from Phearable and then having it tuned. Oil leak is fixed. Just a little update

Old 07-08-2008, 06:24 PM
HCF Member

Bought a new turbo/manifold/plates! http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...?topic=94899.0

Also got the new gaskets for it, money is already sent! Trent also recommended some JB Weld for my oil drain line, so thast what im gonna try.

Quick Reply: Finally Boosted! (Pics and IACV Question pg. 3)