Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Got $5k Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Default RE: Got $5k Turbo?

i like a Vortec style SC because you can put a blow off valve and intercooler on it later. I've heard of some people having clearence problems with the JR SC, like they have to notch the supports on the hood. Then again, they would have the b16 in CRXs and earlier generation civics which the SC wasnt designed to fit

Old 04-16-2007, 07:32 PM
HCF Member

You gain ALOT more power with Turbo. Sov put one on his D16y8 and had like 146 whp. He put on a turbo and had 210 whp. Turbo FTW

Old 04-16-2007, 09:36 PM

Yea i kno about the turbo but i cant deal with all those parts. Seems like something is always waiting to go wrong. It will cost me more to have some one install it and it will cast more to replace parts if something is wrong. Plus i not lookin for mad gains just to reach in the 200 hp range. Now if tell me that by adding the SC that i cant break into the 200s then i would have to look into the turbo. But as of now Sc is the way to go for me...

Old 04-16-2007, 09:43 PM

Vortech V-5 G-Trim Supercharger.... i look at it and read some stuff on hear about it. Seems to be like a turbo charger but less effective. I think some one said it wasnt steady power or something like that.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:19 AM
HCF Member

This is just my opinion, but if your going to boosta N/A car you better have a TON of money or know a decent amount about whats going into your car. If something goes wrong with yoursetup, someone is going to have to fix the problem for you, turbo or superchargerand that = $$$. I would highly recomend not getting into anything like this if your not going to attempt to learn about this stuff in greater depth and maybe even install some of it yourself. SC create a alot of heat and are constantly in use where turbo's only spool when you really get on the throttle saving your engine from constant stress andhelping greatly with fuel efficiency.Thats just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Old 04-17-2007, 09:49 AM

If you know as little as you know, want a stock motor, and around 220 at the wheels...drop a K in. You can pick one up for around four grand, with the stuff you need to swap it you will be pushing your budget, but it's the best solution for those that don't want to do the research.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:57 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: secondhandloser

If you know as little as you know, want a stock motor, and around 220 at the wheels...drop a K in. You can pick one up for around four grand, with the stuff you need to swap it you will be pushing your budget, but it's the best solution for those that don't want to do the research.
WHAT YOU CAN GET A K (200 hp one not 160) WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SWAP FOR 4 GRAND???!?!?!?!?! link me please. I will buy it NOW!

oh wait...you can't that's not possible. No way you're going to get a K and everything you need for that price. Unless its HEAVILY used.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:30 PM

Thats what I was wondering?

Old 04-17-2007, 05:01 PM

You can get base model K20 and K24 blocks slap a K20A/2 head on it for well under that. The headwill cost more than the block though, as will the transmission.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:51 PM

ORIGINAL: mybrokenblinker

ORIGINAL: secondhandloser

WHAT YOU CAN GET A K (200 hp one not 160) WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SWAP FOR 4 GRAND???!?!?!?!?! link me please. I will buy it NOW!

oh wait...you can't that's not possible. No way you're going to get a K and everything you need for that price. Unless its HEAVILY used.
OK wise guy, read the post.

I said 4k for the motor, and with everything he needs, he will be pushing his budget. It's about 700 bucks for all the mounts and stuff, and 300 or so for the random crap you need to make it work. It's been done before, I have a friend laying down 220 whp in a K swapped DC2, without a whole bunch of money in it...

Quick Reply: Got $5k Turbo?