Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

HomeMade Supercharger.. True or false

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 10:14 PM
Default HomeMade Supercharger.. True or false

Hey now tell me if im wrong or not. Isnt it possible to get a pulley , like a ...... for like airconditioner or alternator ect. and make a big gear and have a proppelor on the end to ram air into your airintake? Wouldnt that do the same thing ? Considering u would have to make all custom pipes, gears, and holding mods. But wouldnt it Run more hp like that ?

Old 09-12-2004, 10:22 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: HomeMade Supercharger.. True or false

hmmm... i guess its possible.... i think itd be so incredibly complex to get it to work to the point of making power. i'd say, too complex to be worth it.

Old 09-12-2004, 10:29 PM

well couldnt u just put a like 3inch electric fan that blows alot .... i mean alot of air and build it and connect it so it is part of ur air intake ??

Old 09-12-2004, 10:59 PM
HCF Member

not really. its been tried and they cant push the CFMs of air it takes to feed a motor at high rpm. ebay has them but no one ever really uses them. ive seen a few tests done and only one seemed at all possible, i dont remember what the brand was, but its like 300-600 bucks. no thanks, for questionable power gains? there is another one that is more like a roots type blower run by electric motors, but you have to add a bunch of batteries and stuff. and its a few grand. just stick closer to the tried and true on your honda for now. good ol' exhaust and crank driven compressors for me, thanks.

Old 09-12-2004, 11:08 PM

if you're serious about making power, you have to shell out the money.

When you're serious about shelling out the money, shell it out for a turbocharger kit.

Old 09-13-2004, 01:53 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: dalifts
well couldnt u just put a like 3inch electric fan that blows alot .... i mean alot of air and build it and connect it so it is part of ur air intake ??
The s/c or turbo actually creates a suction instead of just being a fan. Also with a homemade one you would have to create a housing for the MAF sensor to be in the correct place and your air/fuel ratio will be all messed up, so you will need a new ECU... plus with all the extra air coming in you will need bigger injectors (or more) to supply enough fuel... simply put, get a real kit. It will probably cost the same amount

Old 12-05-2004, 05:13 PM

ORIGINAL: dalifts

A 3 inch electric fan isn't going to be able to blow nearly enough air into your engine. It would not spin fast enough, and if it wasnt connected to the engine in any way so that it spun faster as the engine sped up, then you're just going to hurt your performance. Even if you could somehow get a little electric fan to spin that fast, it would just burst into a million pieces (I'm assuming you are thinking of a plastic fan) because its probably not made for speeds that high.