Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

How much NOS can stock honda take?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Default How much NOS can stock honda take?

Im planning to use NOS for my civic, all i need to know is what is a good brand for, for example nitrous express, zex, nos, etc. and for a stock engine how much can it take.. . i was also wondering that do i need anything else if i get NOS??

Old 01-21-2008, 09:37 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: How much NOS can stock honda take?

0 stock wasnt meant for NITROUS nos is a companypistons rods cams theres a lot
choose 2 fast reliable cheap but i would start with a few lesser mods to have you engine ready before nitrous

Old 01-21-2008, 09:40 PM

What would u suggest??

Old 01-21-2008, 09:49 PM
HCF Member

the lowest possible nozzle it has or just go with i/h/e which is intake header exhaust start by getting around 15 more hp
it all depends on what kind of numbers your looking for

Old 01-22-2008, 12:08 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: How much NOS can stock Honda take?

75 shot is pretty much max. I would recommend either a dry or direct port for a Honda due to the design of the intake manifolds, single fogger wet systems have a tendency to cause intake backfires which is bad. I'm partial to ZEX due to their purple box and in their videos on their websites ZEX seems the most professional but really just pick the system who's bottle color you like the best or which kit is cheapest. Along with the nitrous kit you will need a purge kit, blow down tube (if the bottle is mounted in the same compartment as the driver), WOT switch, rpm activated window switch, 1 or 2 step colder plugs (depending on size of shot), and also you need to retard your timing (depending on the kit and size of shot, every company has different recommendations so just read the instructions.) There are plenty of other safety features that you want to look into to make sure your engine doesn't blow. Do a compression test before you buy anything to make sure your engine will be able to handle the extra power. After every run check your plugs, you are looking for a light brown color around the ceramic insulator, black means too much fuel and blueish/metallic means too much nitrous and it is detonating. Just look around, do some searching, look on other forums and learn before you actually buy or install anything. Nitrous, or any other forced introduction for that matter, isn't something you just jump into. I'm sure there is some stuff I am forgetting also, if you have any questions just go ahead and ask. Also read the sticky at the top of the nitrous, turbo, supercharger forum about nitrous.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:48 PM

alright man thanks u guys helped alot

Old 01-22-2008, 01:57 PM

O wait!! i do have another question.. . .when ur using nos it said that u should change the type of gas ur using is that true??? and also mobsta, i heard that dry is bad and wet was better.. .

Old 01-22-2008, 03:17 PM
HCF Member

Direct port is best, period. But for a honda dry is safer because with a wet setup the fuel can puddle in the intake because of the design... ment to flow air, not fuel, which is heavier and isn't carried as easily. I think you can get away with any of them with a small shot but a direct port is worth the money.... plus they look cooler also. You need to run 93+ octane with you are using nitrous. If you only have 91 avalible in your area you should be alright with that. If you are running higher than an 11 to 1 compression ratio and nitrous then you need to run race gas which is 110 octane.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:24 PM

icc o crap hey mobsta i have one more question sorry but like whats the rule with nos is it ok if its in ur car and its like off or whats the whole deal with it

Old 01-22-2008, 06:38 PM
HCF Member

Do you mean from a legal standpoint? You are going to have to check your local laws on that because it changes from state to state, more than likely you can have the kit installed but you can't have the nitrous bottle hooked up while you are on public roads.

Quick Reply: How much NOS can stock honda take?