Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Install finished, car not running right.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:03 PM
HCF Member
Default Install finished, car not running right.

Well I finished installing the turbo in my 2000 si and I have a chipped p28 with a chrome basemap and when I go to start the car it idles fine for about 5 seconds and then starts bogging and dies. If I give it any gas at all it dies immediately so Im assuming its running very rich. My assumtion is that the basemap I have sucks or I didnt wire up the resistor box right and the injectors are dumping too much fuel because of it. By the way my setup consists of a greddy 18g at 7-8psi, dsm 450'swith a fmic on a stockb16a2.Anyopinions on the subject would be great to hear. Thanks.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Install finished, car not running right.

did you convert to obd1?

Old 03-01-2007, 11:52 PM
HCF Member

Yeah. My first thought is just that I have a crappy basemap but if anyone else has had a similar problem or thinks theres a chance it could be something else please share your info.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Who did the basemap for you? Did you give them all of your specs before they wrote the map? If you didnt tell them that you've got DSM 450's, the fuel maps will be scaled way down..

As for the wiring, did you tap into the dead plug, or did you just wire them? Did you solder?

Old 03-02-2007, 09:29 AM
HCF Member

Chip might be bad. Same thing happened to me when I put my first chip in.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:53 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

Who did the basemap for you? Did you give them all of your specs before they wrote the map? If you didnt tell them that you've got DSM 450's, the fuel maps will be scaled way down..

As for the wiring, did you tap into the dead plug, or did you just wire them? Did you solder?
The first basemap was done by a pretty reputable guy on homemadeturbo, then me and my friend that helped me with the install made about 5 more maps and they all acted the same way. All the maps had all the specs and info on them needed to make a basemap. As far as wiring, we soldered in thenew clips for the 450'sinto the stock injector wiring. From what I remember,we took the resistor box and plugged it intoan open plug (not plugged into anything) by taking some of the pins out of the open plug and putting them into the plug from the resistor box and pluggingthem together. Here are some pics of what Im talking about.

We really werent sure how to wire in the resistor box on an OBD2 car so weused a multimeter and came up with this location,so Im assuming this is the correct place to hook it up. If not this would probably be the problem. But would a honda with DSM injectors even start and idle at all with the resistor box hooked up in the wrong place? Thanks for the help so far guys. And keep the suggestions coming.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:24 PM

Resistor Box isn't wired right.

1st off, cut the wires off the plug.

2nd, running to each injector there are 2 wires, one solid yellow, the other striped. Follow each solid yellow wire individually back through the wire harness, and MARK which injector it goes to. Cut each solid yellow wire (leave some coming off the injector, you'll still need to use it!). The solid wire portion that is still on the harness, ALL 4 need to be connected to the RED wire on the resistor box. Each BLACK wire on the resistor box, should be coupled with the yellow wire still connected to the injectors. Doesn't matter which ones, just as long as each has one.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:16 AM
HCF Member

Im a little confused about your directions. Are you saying I hooked the resistor box up in the wrong place altogether, or just that I need to solder the wires together instead of plug them together? If you have any pictures of how you did yours that would be great! Also, would it be the same for d series and b series engines as long as they are both OBD2?

Old 03-03-2007, 10:56 PM

What I'm saying is, you don't use the plug what so ever.

http://www.geocities.com/uncgolf25/DSMINJECTOR.html

Read that, it makes it easy. The 4 yellow wires running to each injector should all be mated with the single BLACK wire coming off the resistor box. Then, each RED wire needs to be hooked into where the yellow wire once was for the injector.

I'd take pics of mine but it's covered.

Old 03-04-2007, 07:42 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Here is a ridonkulous diagram I did in paint for soemone else.. The colors are not accurate, but you should get the picture. Get them outta that plug, cut 'em, and solder as follors..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Install finished, car not running right.