Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

JR Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Default JR Supercharger

I'm thinking about getting this (http://www.supercharger.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=33370) supercharger from Jackson Racing. It's for my 1997 LX with the stock D16Y7. I'm also going to get I/H/E, and maybe some new cams. Suggestions on anything else to get to help increase power? Also, is this a good supercharger, and with these upgrades about how much power should I expect?

Old 08-11-2007, 10:11 PM
HCF Member
Old 08-11-2007, 10:16 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: JR Supercharger

The JR superchargers are pretty nice... and sound intimidating as you can see from the above link. Im a huge S/C fan. Im pretty sure teh JR superchargers dont have an intercooler/chargecooler so something to look into is water/methanol injection. Also, look into a smaller pulley to increase boost. Cams will be a huge increase in power.

Stay away from underdrive pulleys and lightened flywheels since they will work against you. After those simple mods you will be fighting traction so get some good springs/coilovers, shocks and tires. Have Fun!

Old 08-11-2007, 10:21 PM
HCF Member

My computer was lagging I ment to post this link. https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_281776/tm.htm

Old 08-11-2007, 10:24 PM

Ok, what brand of cams are pretty good, and do you have some links to the water/methanol injection and the smaller pulleys? Or what's a good site to get them from?

Old 08-11-2007, 10:28 PM
HCF Member

You only need one cam. Crower, skunk2, a few others thatI can't remember the names of. You need titanium springs and retainers with a cam also.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:34 PM

Alright thanks. And water methanol injection is looking to be around $450? I don't have much of a clue.

And here is an Air to Air Intercooler (http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...ber=ICE-IC30-F) for $240. I don't know if it's the right size or not, but would this work?

Old 08-11-2007, 10:55 PM
HCF Member

You can stick with a stage 1 cam or even a stage 2 cam if it isnt too aggressive and not need springs/retainers. Dont go for a FI cam since you wont be able to get too much boost out of a roots blower to need that aggressive of a cam. Roots blowers create alot of heat and after a certain amount of boost you are just creating more heat which will work against you. Also, FI cams tend to have the bulk of the power in the upper RPM range so it will be useless if you dont have VTEC to get above 6500RPM.

Im running water/methanol injection and I have the stage1 kit from SnowPerformance and runs under $300. It works great and I have no arguments. www.snowperformance.net

That intercooler wont work since a roots supercharger mounts right to the motor, replacing the intake manifold. You would need a heat exchanger in order to make it work.

Pulleys: try http://www.pulleyboys.com

Old 08-11-2007, 11:05 PM

Thanks a lot for the info polo! What stage cam do you have and if its stage 1 do you have springs and retainers with it?

Also, is this type of cooling still street legal?

Old 08-11-2007, 11:15 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: hondacivic97

Thanks a lot for the info polo! What stage cam do you have and if its stage 1 do you have springs and retainers with it?
Mine is on my corolla(1.8L DOHC), but they are Crower stage1 cams and im on stock internals so no upgraded springs/retainers. My supercharger is actually an Eaton supercharger rebadged by TRD so it is very similar to the JR supercharger. The JR supercharger will come with everything you need including fuel control. Only thing you might need is colder spark plugs to reduce the chances of spark knock.

If its going to be a daily driver and you want it to be reliable and good on gas then stick with a stage 1 cam. If you plan to try to squeeze every inch of power out of it then get a more aggressive cam but... with that you could possibly need springs/retainers. Each cam has a different profile so its hard to give an exact yes or no.

IMO, stick with a stage1 cam and get a slightly smaller pulley to add a few extra pounds of boost. You'll easily have a 14 second car that is fully reliable and will still get you well over 30MPG. Thats how my Corolla is right now. 10lbs of boost, daily driven, not a single problem and I get about 36MPG highway.

Stage1 cams made a huge difference, night and day.

Here are my cams when I got them:
Name:  P1040775.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  137.6 KB

Name:  P1040776.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  95.0 KB

Quick Reply: JR Supercharger