Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Need help redline & vtec engagement + Injector Size

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 10:29 PM
HCF Member
Default Need help redline & vtec engagement + Injector Size

I currently have a JDM D15B with a 14b turbo. I now have 75.5mm overbore Vitaras and custom I-Beam forged connecting rods to fit the JDM D15. The compression ratio will be aproximate 8.0:1, I'm swapping in a DSM 16G EVO III Turbo (Stock wastegate is around 13psi). I will eventually get a boost controller but I also need to order a Chipped P28 off Phearable because my chipped P06 with Uberdata doesn't support the Vtec on the engine. My tuner can only tune Uberdata or Hondata, the ECU comes with Chrome basemap but says its compatible with Uberdata. Do you think the tuner will be able to install Uberdata onto the chip or will they expect me to do it?
Also on phearable I need to specify some base-map details. I am going to have this built with a Stage 2 Crower Turbo Cam, Crower Valve Springs, and Crower Titanium Retainers. Walbro 255 and I'm going to need to upgrade my injectors, I currently have 460cc Low Impedence RX7 Injectors. I'm going to order low impedence Precision injectors, what size would you reccomend for around 13psi stock wastegate and up to low 20's psi hopefully on a good tune. Would under 600cc be enough?
What would you reccomend I set my redline with this cam and valvesprings/retainer combo? Stock is 7200, it will be tuned but what do you suggest? Is 8500 too high? Whats a good vtec engagement point for 8.0:1 compression and roughly 13 or 14 psi? Around 4500 or 5000?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:26 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Need help redline & vtec engagement + Injector Size

For the VTEC Engagement and Redline questions, your tuner should probably be the one making those decisions. VTEC should be engaged when it makes the most sense as far as your dyno numbers, so let the tuner decide that for sure. I'm not sure what the highest "acceptable" redline would be, but once you have an idea, you can move it up towards that number and see where you make power. You may hit a certain point where it doesn't make sense to rev any higher because you're losing power.