Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

need turbo pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Default need turbo pics

hi,
I drive a 4 door 93 honda civic with carborator and 5 speed manual stock tansmission.i wana install a turbo in it.but I live in Dhaka,bangladesh and no aftermarket parts are available in our country.only stock parts are available here.me and my mechanic searched the local auto market for turbos and we came up with 2 avaiable turbos.1 is used in a very old 2.4L mitsubishi pajero.another 1 is used in the 3.0L V6 mitsubishi pajero intercoolered turbo.my mechanic said he can install any1 of these turbos in my civic but he needs help.he says he never saw a "turbo civic",if some how he can see a turbo civic,then he can install these turbos in my civic too.

i need your help.u guys have civics with turbo installed.i need some pics of the installed turbo.like where r the turbo mounted,where r the lines going from the turbo.the connection from the turbo to the intercoolers,where r the intercooler mounted,how the turbo is connected with the manifold and the carborator and the exaust.and all these kind of pics.

I will be realy greatful if u guys help me.

P.S: I have a laptop in my civic.is there any way i can use it for boost control in a cheap way??or can i controll other engine management stuff with it??

Old 04-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Default RE: need turbo pics

give me close shots and higher resolution pics.plzz

Old 04-23-2006, 06:36 PM
HCF Member

What kind of a 93 civic do you drive thats carburated? I dont mean to rain on your parade, but I doubt its possible to turbo a carburated civic. Are you sure you have a carb?

Old 04-23-2006, 07:50 PM
HCF Member

oh its deffinately possible. most of the huge SCCA civic racers actually convert to dual carbs with turbos because theyre easier to tune and lighter than feul injections.

Old 04-23-2006, 08:23 PM
HCF Member

Carbs easier to tune that fuel injected, Really?! Did not know that. Far as I was concerned carbs are the "dummy" fuel/air mixers.

Old 04-23-2006, 08:29 PM
HCF Member

well theyre easier to tune in the same sense that a non-vtec car is to tune than a vtec car. because you dont have constant changes to moniter when your ajusting. with a carb you can just set the A/F mixture and run it, see if it gained or lost power, ajust it...and its much easier to tune for a given power band because, unlike feul injection, its not constantly changed by a computer to ajust for heat and air pressure and stuff. so you can just set it at a specific mixture and it will stay there no matter what.

Old 04-24-2006, 02:00 AM

yaa my civic is a carb......and i guess its not a v-tec engine.its normal 16 valve,4 cylender 1.5L engine

Old 04-24-2006, 02:19 AM

i will show u a pic of my engine and the carb very soon,just wait a little

Old 04-24-2006, 10:22 AM
HCF Member

was vtec even invented when civics were still on carbs?

Old 04-24-2006, 01:04 PM

i checked my engine today with my mechanic.I'm the second owner of this car.my mechanic said it doesnt run the stock engine.it runs on a engine of a 92-94 honda accord.he says its around 1523cc.its a D15B engine.the things i saw written on the engine was............

HM

D15B

my car was originaly running a 1.3L engine when it was stock.now it runs the 1.6L honda accord engine.and the engine is also pretty new.i only went around 30000 miles or around.so i guess i can hold a pretty good turbo.

now u guys plzz show me detailed pic of ur turbos and all of its connections

Quick Reply: need turbo pics