Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

New here, trying to boost

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 05:17 AM
Default New here, trying to boost

okay so im new to this form and not sure if this is the right spot to post this.

I have a 2000 civic si, rebuilt b16a looks and runs amazing. but im starting to look into boosting it. Now i have some mechanical background, mostly just simple maintence things, but im slowly reading and learning and being able to work things on my own, most recent thing i did was drop her about 2 inches, well and had to replace the carpet after some water damage.

im here trying to see if anyone can make some suggestions on the best way to go about turboing her, i know how they work just dont really know any good turbos, i really only wanna make like 8-14lbs maybe, not anything crazy but a little extra pep in her step

can anyone shine some light?

Old 08-12-2010, 07:33 AM
HCF Member

What exactly are you trying to figure out? your question is a little vague but i can try to help you out as im doing the same with my car atm.

If your asking about what you need for boost read this: https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=42034

If your asking about turbo sizes im not too sure about that stuff myself so i would get to googling lol.

Also depending on how much hp you are going for you may want to look into replacing internals, i myself have a built bottom end w/ new bearings forged H beam eagle rods and vitara pistons. You dont wanna put all this money into boosting your car just to have your motor explode.

Really boosting is alot of preference, so just keep researching, it will be your best friend trust me.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:01 PM
HCF Member

Here's another really good site to learn your way around a turbo. Take an hour to read this, you'll understand how everything works and should have enough knowledge to get a jump on the bOOst. http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html