Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 05:50 PM
Cam
HCF Member
Default nitrous

Im looking at a nitrous kit for my b16 powered civic. Id be looking at a 30- 50bhp gain (within my budget for the time being), with the system working with the throttle floored (after being 'armed', of course). Is this the usual way for these kits to be activated? and what sort of difference to performance do you think this would make? Also, does nitrous oxide help produce much or any more torque? and if so, would you think it would be better to have the sytem activated by a swtich or button (for added lower go, for overtaking etc...)?? party on!

Old 02-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Default RE: nitrous

Yea you must be talking about a zex system if so yea they are good. But I prefer having it on a toggle to stage solenoid and a push button for activation. Just because you never know you might not need it for that second.

Old 02-08-2006, 07:34 PM
HCF Member

The best and safest way to have nitrous installed is WOT activation.....ud flip the system on and it will engauge only when your car is at Wide Open Throttle............ZEX makes a decent dry kit, and its not too hard to install.........ive never been in a car with nitrous, but its like being in a turbod car...........for the 10 seconds the nitrous is kicking in.......oh then you gotta pay to fill the bottle back up................................................ ..but its cheap horsepower i guess.

Old 02-08-2006, 07:54 PM
HCF Member

forty knows a guy or knows of a guy who has his nitrous set up so its injecting while the turbo spools up and once the turbo gets to its set boost amount the nitrous shuts off.

Old 02-08-2006, 07:57 PM
HCF Member

Ive never heard of someone using nitrous on a turbo setup........well other than the NX NTERCOOLER......but thats all ive ever seen.......seems kinda stupid to use nitrous on a turbo application. I would think it would go KABOOM

Old 02-08-2006, 08:07 PM
HCF Member

well you have to get a really good tune and cant use more than a 75 shot...100 if you like to live life in the fast lane (no pun intended). but like i said, its only spraying until the turbo spools up...which is usually at about 3.5k depending on the turbo. so basically its a turbod car running 12psi with no turbo lag.

Old 02-08-2006, 08:09 PM
HCF Member

well thats kinda foolish, i would just get tuned for 15 psi and use the $ spent on the nitrous for a cam or something. Turbo lag is like so blown up......people make it seem as if youre looking at a watch waiting for it to kick in........

Old 02-08-2006, 08:12 PM
HCF Member

dont get me wrong...i agree fully with the 'turbo lag is overrated' comment, but i think its kinda cool to have it set up like that. you really have to know what you're doing to get it set up like that.

Old 02-08-2006, 08:17 PM
HCF Member

I suppose, personally i think it just creates more of a risk than its worth.......i mean my car might take 2 seconds to hit full boost.......and once your going 35mph or so if you punch it the boost is right there........

Old 02-08-2006, 10:13 PM

but nitrous is that extra go when you really need it, a lot of drag racers use nitrous to spool up really big turbos faster, and it cools down the intake charge, so it has an even greater affect, but sometimes it is more trouble than its worth to set it all up so you don't have massive wheel spin and break stuff

Quick Reply: nitrous