Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Someone help me out here, give me some ideas!!! im new to this site lol

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 09:04 PM
HCF Member
Default Someone help me out here, give me some ideas!!! im new to this site lol

OK so back in oct of 08 i purchased a 1990 honda civic hatchback (ed6) 4speed manual. It had a d15b2 with dpfi, well when i get it i had alot of problems with it. such *** it needed a new battery, alternator, main relay, fuel injectors, plugs/plug wires, distributor cap/rotor button. Then i find out the cylinder head is cracked, so my mechanic had a d16a6 laying in the shop and sold it to me for $400. i took it, he did the swap and about 2 weeks later i blew the head gasket and somehow snapped the camshaft. and it was under warranty...he didnt wanna fix it but after alot of arguing he did howerver fix the head gasket and put in a new camshaft. well after i got it back it was leaking oil lol, so im like wtf...i was done with that mechanic and took it to someone else and they said it is either the rear main seal or the flange is cracked. but i replaced the oil pan gasket and fixed that problem. So now it runs great. a d16a6 with dpfi lol. i had alot of ideas like put on some dc headers and stuff like that but i found this website www.ssautochrome.com and they have some really good deals on some turbo kits. so i think i might turbocharge it and after that maybe do the mpfi swap. the body isnt in the best of shape it has some rust pretty bad i need to send it into a body shop and get it repainted. and later on this morning i have to go get my flywheel turned and get a new clutch cause its going out. So if ur still reading this i really appreciate it lol. give me some ideas...i just made an account on here and am new to this. thanks

Old 02-24-2009, 09:50 PM
HCF Member

Well if ne thing it will run great on the d16 head jus fine for turbo it's a bettr head thn the d15 only reason I asume it blew the first time is that the torque wasnt exact but its a good head ... As for turbo itself I say best to go mpfi asap n either a si tranny or go hydraulic si y6 tranny for bettr top n speed u will need stage 2 cluth for ne trans u use to handal turbo of corse n u should have a descent lil speed demon your turbo should come with some good heads n a nice dropd intake the most your lookn at for d15 turbo is 140 or + hp

Old 02-24-2009, 09:54 PM
HCF Member

the whole motor is a d16a6 lol, the d15b2 is all gone. So how long u think the dpfi to mpfi will take? and as for the tranny i think i might see if i can find an si tranny, since its a 4 speed would i just need to get the 5th gear installed?

Old 02-24-2009, 09:55 PM
HCF Member

Or if u want more I say drop a y6 head on it to run vtec u will deff get a lil more juice n a good take off if u plan to stay cable I high recommend finding a si 91 tranny or dx works fine to or u can go hydraulic tranny like I said to get a bettr top speed n more juice at the take off of course tho it's more work but either way is good

Old 02-24-2009, 09:58 PM
HCF Member

Mpfi conversion is not hard at all u will need to get a si 91 ecu n the throttle body intake let me get on a real computer real fast so I can give u the wiring diagram

Old 02-24-2009, 10:00 PM
HCF Member

Im really anxious about this dpfi to mpfi swap, is this correct for the swap? 88 - 91 civic/crx si intake manifold w/ throttle boy and injectors, 88- 91 civic/crx si complete distributor, 88 - 91 civic/crx si complete engine wiring harness, 88 -91 civic/crx si injector resistor box, 88 - 91 civic/crx si throttle cable, and the pm6 ecu?

Old 02-24-2009, 10:04 PM
HCF Member

Yes ne thing from 88-91 si will work perfect on crx or civic

Old 02-24-2009, 10:09 PM
HCF Member

Sweet, im hoping to get this done within the next month or so. so the pm6 ecu is what im gonna wire everything up to?

Old 02-24-2009, 10:13 PM
HCF Member

it be awesome if u could get a si harness butif ucant u can use this diagram works fine

- Transfer DX wiring harness
over to ZC engine.
- TPS and EACV plugs are too short and must be extended.
- Be sure to switch green/white and yellow/white wires on TPS
Injectors and injector resistor box
- Connect the yellow/black wires from the two DX injector harnesses and run it to the yellow/black wire on the injector resistor box.
- Connect the yellow wire from the DX injector to the #1 injector (brown wire).
- Connect the red wire from the DX injector and run it to the #3 injector (blue wire).
- Connect the A3 wire to the #2 injector (red wire).
- Connect the A7 wire to the #4 injector (yellow wire).
- Connect the 4 red/black wires from injector resistor box to each injector.
Cylinder position sensor
- Connect C1 to blue/green wire on cylinder position sensor plug.
- Connect C2 to blue/yellow wire on cylinder position sensor plug.
let me look for a bettr diagram for ecu pin outs

Old 02-24-2009, 10:14 PM
HCF Member

yea m6 is si ecu

Quick Reply: Someone help me out here, give me some ideas!!! im new to this site lol