Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

SS Auto Project

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 12:17 AM
Default SS Auto Project

I'm am going to use this thread to document my SSAutochrome install. Please don't lock Marty, I really see no reason. All of you can see first hand(including myself) if they really are crap or not when properly installed, tuned, etc. I will post pics and videos of the install and some runs when it is finished.

I would like to start by saying I have the full SS kit, including downpipe and BOV. I have been in contact with SS the entire time when dealing with any issues. The first was a downpipe issue. We had to flip the turbo around so the exhaust housing switched sides, which conflicted with the downpipe and so the downpipe ended up coming off and going toward the front of the car. SS accepted a return and offered a full refund(including shipping) for the downpipe. Took only 2 days to complete the return. +1 for customer service. I have had the manifold checked by a few people that have been around cars for a while and it checked out okay. Also the turbo has been hanging from it for two months and have had no problems with the weight of the turbo. All very nonconclusive at this point, the real test obviously is after the install and break in period to see how well the turbo spoils, and if it leaks or has any other problems. We did hook up the BOV(RFL) to my buddy's Turbo 01 celica and it sounded SAWEET!!! [8D] Will add some pics shortly and update as we finish the install over the next 4 weeks. Any questions please ask! Until next post.....

Old 03-08-2006, 01:34 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: SS Auto Project

I'll leave it.

On a side note this thread is not for people to bash this, let the man do it and report back. No need in any kind of "Your getting ripped" kind of crap. Keep it clean and wait for info from the kind person willing to report everything to us

Old 03-08-2006, 09:20 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I totally respect what you're doing man, setting the story straight. But, I must ask one question.. Why, after spending all the time and money getting your motor beefed up, did you decide to run risks with SSAC?

Old 03-08-2006, 09:54 AM

To be honest, I bought it 3rd party, and the whole SS thing wasn't in full swing yet so I didn't really know what everyone thought of them. I've had the kit since last august when the motor was pulled. If the turbo fails, I'll move on and buy a quality t3/t4 from somewhere else. I already told SS that if the kit works out GREAT, they'll get some good PR from me, and the opposite if it fails.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:48 AM
HCF Member

This is going to be interesting.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

Cool man, I was just curious. After all the good stuff that went into your build, I'd hate to see any of it compromised by the weak turbo. I am VERY interested to see this though, definitely keep us posted

Old 03-08-2006, 01:25 PM
HCF Member

Keep a close eye on everything. I hope it works out for ya.

Old 03-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Recognized HCF Member

any news on the ssauto kit?

Old 03-14-2006, 02:49 PM

No, last sunday I pulled the civic out of storage and cleaned it. Kappa is in seattle so I am awaiting his return from spring break. It will be a few weeks before the built motor and turbo kit goes in. Will post pics/videos of the install as it happens. Thanks for the interest.

Levi

Old 03-14-2006, 05:09 PM

good luck man and i hope it works out good.

Quick Reply: SS Auto Project