HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-13/)
-   -   Turbo build list - need some help (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-13/turbo-build-list-need-some-help-80859/)

trustdestruction 02-12-2010 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Scott53092 (Post 696526)
There's a guy on wishoc (wisconsin honda owners club) forum that' selling:
Dseries turbo setup - $200obo
*comes with vx exhaust manifold, vx heat shield, 2g dsm t25 turbo, 1g dsm 450cc injectors, dsm 1g SMIC with factory rubber piping, 1g BOV

1g dsm fuel injector resistor pack - $15

Any opinions?

Probably not A/C or P/S compatible... not sure if this matters to you or not

I imagine the VX manifold is like the HF manifold.

Scott53092 02-13-2010 08:30 AM

That's what I was thinking about the hf, I'm pulling ac for sure, still not sure about power steering. What about the turbo size though? T25 is a smaller turbo, right?

croninc 02-13-2010 10:48 AM

yup, the t25 is tiny.

trustdestruction 02-13-2010 11:14 AM

It's pretty small but you can still make 200 WHP with it

importlegends 02-13-2010 06:17 PM

Hey scott53092.
Just some recommended parts for you. Prosports gauges. They are not too expensive and looks good. Just something for you to keep in mind. My buddy use those for his STi. Its been good to him.

Scott53092 02-13-2010 08:15 PM

You guys think the t25 is something I should push towards getting? Or look for something bigger? I'm going to be looking into my emissions conundrum this week.

Last night I ended up hitting my head on a friends (I jumped off the top of a couch on to him on the floor) and I myself blacked out and ended up calling for a ride home because I was ridiculously dizzy and I couldn't focus on anything and saw double. My friend hit the kids face that he was pretty much brawling with and the other kids nose was dripping blood and his face is pretty banged up. Feelin better today but didn't get to look in to anything car wise. Ah the things you do when you are under the influence of stupid. I don't need alcohol to be stupid lol.

croninc 02-14-2010 12:33 PM

Yea the T25 is a great turbo. It makes boost quick and produces a good amount of HP.

StifflersMom 02-26-2010 01:28 PM

Stuart, for one a wastegate doest let boost out, just wanted to point that out.

To the original poster, there are a lot of turbo setups out there that are quite literally home depot specials that run well. I have personally helped put together a $400 turbo setup that ran ok, and the guy tuned it himself with uberdata (this was 6 years ago). Just so you know, a T25 is a good turbo and it's a turbo you can rebuild easily at home. Just a hint - turbo saab 900 and 9-3 until 1999 came with that turbo. Those can be found in junkyards really cheap. Another point is that if you aren't looking at a big increase in power you can even run with no intercooler. In fact the greddy kit had the intercooler as an option. I'm not recommending that, but know that you can do that and add an intercooler and retune later.

Scott53092 02-26-2010 09:37 PM

Heh I'd definitely get an intercooler, f*ck the sleeper look lol, I want everyone to know I have a turbo. I love the look of intercoolers, just look badass.

WellFedHobo 02-27-2010 04:47 AM

I'll soon be in the same boat as you. I'm also looking into the T25 turbo.