Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Turbo D16b2?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Cool Turbo D16b2?

hello, i've got a D16B2 1.6L single cam in my 1998 civic ex (not entirely sure from what i can tell it seems to be a D16B2) but would it be worth trying forced induction? i feel like my only other option for a decent hp gain would be swapping in which case i would rather get a newer civic si or something. im really only looking for around 200 to 250hp just want more pep than what ive got. its stock other than a short ram intake. 116 hp,ValveFuel Control-OBD2.
i would like to know what you would do in my situation, so thats about all i know its my first honda and surely wont be my last.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:57 PM
HCF Member

If you money. Go swap. If you like playing with cars, go turbo. Turbos are a lot of fun to mess with. But honestly, its going to be expensive either way. If I was you, I would just get the most hp I can without sacrificing gas mileage, i/h/e.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:53 PM

well realistically what kinda of gains can i expect if i do go the turbo route i feel like the most i could run would be like 6psi

Old 02-08-2012, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by 57oh
hello, i've got a D16B2 1.6L single cam in my 1998 civic ex (not entirely sure from what i can tell it seems to be a D16B2) but would it be worth trying forced induction? i feel like my only other option for a decent hp gain would be swapping in which case i would rather get a newer civic si or something. im really only looking for around 200 to 250hp just want more pep than what ive got. its stock other than a short ram intake. 116 hp,ValveFuel Control-OBD2.
i would like to know what you would do in my situation, so thats about all i know its my first honda and surely wont be my last.
Is turbo the right path for you? Give us your HP goals, budget etc. If you personally just want bang for your buck, you can piece together a bare bones turbo kit (used, but name brand parts) for about $2k. If you personally want turbo, then just go for it since it is your car and you do what you want with it.

You can conduct a compression test to see the motor's health if you would like to know if the motor will be able to handle the added power.

Originally Posted by 57oh
well realistically what kinda of gains can i expect if i do go the turbo route i feel like the most i could run would be like 6psi
PSI means absolutely nothing. 6psi through a straw is a different amount of air than 6psi through a large turbo. Pick a horsepower goal and then choose the turbo which can achieve that for you.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:31 PM

well with the money i allready spend on mi brother 98ek i could it buy a swap i had pass 2 grand and is not near of were i want her. if u want some desent power just go with a b series or h if u looking for the K its way 2 spencive. but dont get me wrong that single cam can be alot of fun on 6to8 psi, mi goal fur the sumer is to do the internals of mi d16 to encrise the boost a little more. good luck and think wisely