Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Turbo Project Y8

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 02:07 PM
HCF Member
Smile Turbo Project Y8

Iv'e been browsing around for a long time soaking up a s***t load of info for boosting my EK and i finally stated my turbo project. my overall goal for my car is to make it feel anf look like a luxury car, and performence is definitly lacking there with prob 130hp.

Goals:
210-250hp

6-8psi stock internals more if build

reliable streetzta

Stuff:

-DSM TD04HL 15T from the 4g63 EVO engine- broght $120
[IMG]http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/2/l_6f1d42d3e1cf45f3ae44b8239cbd5c4f.jpg[IMG]

- Custom manifold with no wastgate flange or the Quick 4 a/c from spoolon preformance definitly kepping a/c some how

- Greddy BOV GS

- Tapped oil pan with oil return and feed lines with oil filter sandwitch

- 3" charge piping with siliocone couplers, might use some of my CAI and the filter too

- Hondata s200 or Uberdata, will see how much money i have

- 2.5 wide intercooler, no bling try to get black

- some kind of boost controller, plane on putting it somwhere cool in my interior

- Turbo timer, dosnt matter what kind i know im way to lazy to wait

- Boost gauge and fuel gaudge

- Greddy pro 2 catback 2.5"

- Vacum mani with lines prob ebay

- DSM 450cc injectors

- Zex spark plugs i have NGK now but not sure if there cold enoghf

- posible Bolt and studs and eagle and vitara build

hoping to be done by the spring

Old 11-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Snail'n Admin

lots of things wrong with it. one. dont get ebay vac mani. Fast turbo sells them for 40$ with brass fittings. Wheres your resistor box? Dont buy zex spark plugs /story. and with only running 6-8 psi you will NOT see 200whp on that turbo

Old 11-25-2008, 03:05 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by GReddy_Civic
lots of things wrong with it. one. dont get ebay vac mani. Fast turbo sells them for 40$ with brass fittings. Wheres your resistor box? Dont buy zex spark plugs /story. and with only running 6-8 psi you will NOT see 200whp on that turbo
definitely wont make 200whp (at least reliable power)!! however i use to be snailed on my original d16y8 motor. my recommendation is that ive seen a stock mani, dont know from what year civic but they bolted a flange onto the top part of the mani and bolted a turbo to it then weld the down pipe to it a good idea to look into...450cc injectors are good, hondata s300 would be better, try looking in craigslist for parts you might save even more money and time then going ebay, p28 ecu virgin, 10psi youll make 200whp, with my setup i made 187whp and 178lbs of torque on 8psi so its possible to reach 200whp but only with 10psi and up. but dont go ebay unless its a complete kit from greddy or edelbrock. also look into upgrading internals like the cam. and just use ngk plugs just a colder setting that is(not the iridiums thats more for N/A applications

Old 11-25-2008, 03:11 PM
HCF Member

do the vitara pistons they do wonders or also look into a d15b jdm stock cam those are aggresive too for internals. and intercooler piping use greddy i believe they can also sell the piping seperately if you dont want their intercooler. the ends of the pipes hold better together with the couplers...

Old 11-25-2008, 03:27 PM
HCF Member

they covered your mistakes i think. Custom piping would be cheaper than the GReddy catback though, thats what i'd do IMO. And fuel gauge? I think oil pressure, boost, and maybe wideband would be more helpful. Good luck!

Old 11-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Angry Admin

The HF manifold is what munkee wrench is referring too it came on the 88-91 HF crx as well as 88-91 civic std. i actually just purchased one of these for pretty cheap 25 bucks =]. Check homemadeturbo.com and honda-tech.com for stuff for sale. hmt is also a very good source of information for turbobuilding

Old 11-25-2008, 06:17 PM
HCF Member
Thumbs up

yea forgot resonator box and the p28 wont buy zex plugs lol, The HF mani looks perfect for my setup i like the idea a lot ill try to get a hold of one. going to do some internal work to try to reach my goal good avice with the d15b cam.
Originally Posted by FlipHKD720
Custom piping would be cheaper than the GReddy catback though, thats what i'd do IMO
jaust because of the semi quite sound this is also a "how much money i have" thing running tight budget
thanks for the advice, will post pics of progress in thread

Old 11-26-2008, 07:29 AM
HCF Member

I would consider Crome to tune with as well much cheaper than hondata and has more tools than uberdata but I think your on the right track if you want more than 220whp it would be a great idea to go with vitaras and some forged rods. The headstuds are always nice and can save you some money and time to prevent headlift

Old 11-26-2008, 08:39 AM
Snail'n Admin

if youre doing internal work.....youll need a 3" exhaust. Also, you can easily get 200whp on a stock motor and with that turbo, youll just need about 10psi

Old 11-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Snail'n Admin

I forgot to add...youll need a LOT more stuff when you go with a built block. Theres no sense in only going with a goal of 200whp with forged internals and that turbo will be maxed by 250hp. FYI you need to do a TON more research

Quick Reply: Turbo Project Y8