Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Turbo vs. Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Default RE: Turbo VS Supercharger; My Experiences

ORIGINAL: Kedawei

The vortech will carry torque all the way to redline with ease. It builds boost pressure per rpm though, so prior about 5k rpm, power output is low. You need a high revver to take advantage of it. Most people regard the turbo as being able to so the same thing for less money.
A turbo is also a lot more efficient.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:37 PM

would it be possible to put a small supercharger on a 4cyl to addtorque but not loose gas milage and maybe even gain some?

Old 02-27-2007, 11:19 PM
Recognized HCF Member

yes, jackson racing makes one for sohc civics

Old 03-03-2007, 09:33 PM

interesting, thx for posting.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:03 PM

ORIGINAL: ImixarmNhammerw/coke

would it be possible to put a small supercharger on a 4cyl to addtorque but not loose gas milage and maybe even gain some?
The ****? Did you read the first post?

Old 03-28-2007, 11:51 PM
HCF Member

if you need proof of these things working, just take a look at the newest GM duramax diesel (which is produced by Isuzu) almost all the diesel heavy duty diesels have variable turbine technology. and these engines can be made to almost double their torque and horspower with intake,exhaust and programmer tuning alone. these are very effective turbochargers, for everyday uses. cause a truck needs off the line torque and the the high rpm (for a diesel) power to tow a trailer up hills. so i think if it works for hard working trucks than it will be perfect for a high-performance enthusiasts. thats actually where superchargers and turbochargers originated from.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:47 PM
HCF Member

hey sov, i have a question for you, would u recommend turbo on a d15b8, is that even possible? or should i swap out for a jdm b16/18 or gsr and then turbo? Would it be efficient to turbo and tune a d15b8, im interested in building up a d series, and ive heard from others that you can get quite a bit of power from them, of course this would be over a longer period of time. I am willing to invest into it, as i will probally drive this car for quite some time, and would eventually like it to run as an autocross car only? So any advice about turboing specific engines? Would i need a stronger transmission?

Old 06-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i turboed my d15b8 it was fun for a little while then i swapped a d15b7 head on and retuned it, man did that wake the car up

couple months late hahahaha

Old 08-09-2007, 06:36 PM

It would be awesome to add a Turbo to my 07 Si. $3k is just the start correct???

Old 08-09-2007, 08:02 PM
HCF Member

the price is highly contingent on where you look/how much you do yourself/what you're looking for in terms of power.

Quick Reply: Turbo vs. Supercharger