Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Turbo vs. Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by marcpasek
hello guys! so today i helped my friend move and guess what he found in the garage? A turbo. he gave it to me haha.

ok so it's a garrett. He told me that its a t25/40? and the flange(?) is a t2. I don't know too much about turbo parts. I understand what the diameters are etc just not all the connectors are. I know how it works and whats needed etc.

Just some questions. I need a kit! Anyone know exactly what turbo i'm dealing with here? Do you guys have some places i can look at for some reliable and complete kits? Well it doesnt have to be complete. Just some places you guys bought from that were reliable. I can buy parts separately of course. I'm just curious what you guys know. I'd like to install this on my d15b7 civic sedan!
Originally Posted by Forty04
Jesus christ...

RESEARCH! Use the search function here, and browse the stickies and DIY section. I made a WHOLE DAMN LIST of parts that are necessary and/or beneficial to a turbo build
I enjoy spoon feeding noobs

Old 04-17-2011, 02:49 PM

why cant your turbocharge a supercharged engine? i don't see a reason that you can't. can someone explain that to me!!

Old 07-30-2011, 07:51 AM

I have 02 si k20 greddy t5. Plenty of power and its my dd

Old 08-02-2011, 07:59 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by lt95civic
why cant your turbocharge a supercharged engine? i don't see a reason that you can't. can someone explain that to me!!
In all reality you could, however how is the supercharger going to react when u put 15 extra psi strain onto it? What about once the super charger takes the turbos build up and runs it thru the spindles. It will malfunction the supercharger or worse over pressure ur engine

If you want to see it done buy me a turbo set up and ill try it but ull be rebuilding my motor too

Old 10-18-2011, 06:23 PM
HCF Member

um yeah same thing just short name

Old 12-02-2011, 08:27 AM
HCF Member

to 95 civic and my hidden romance. look up twincharging. its been done, to a lot of cars. infact i believe the f50 ferrari had it stock if im not mistaken?
i agree with hidden romance, its not really practicle other than you have a perfect powerband, but the supercharger will actually slow the system down and not allow you to get the most power out of your system. a big turbo with the right setup will always make more power, its thermal design is just way more efficient than a supercharger. however you loose all the bottom end and instant power, and the awesome sound of a blower screaming at whatever rpm you want!
now, twincharging an iron block with forged internals thats completly built and designed to withstand 50psi? thats a great idea! ive seen vr4 mistus with it! but have no idea if the turbo shot air into the supercharger, or if the supercharger shot air into the turbo? and im pretty sure if the guy spent the money he spent twincharging, on larger turbos and just building the motor, he would have made a LOT more power.
but honestly? why do you need more than 400hp on any car? yea maybe if its an awd or rwd car your going to be taking to track often? but on a little civic?? nah go with one or the other and build it right so itll last long enough to smoke all the big block muscle cars at the track that night!
its like one of those ideas that sound awesome on paper, but in the real world, just doesnt do what it should.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:51 PM
HCF Member

How much would a supercharger drop gas mielage on a dd? I am assuming that it would hurt mpg since it is always forcing air into the engine, and sapping power through the belt, making the engine less efficient regardless of the boost.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:39 AM

I was seeing 24-25 mpgs with my JRSC on 7psi, 440cc injectors and spraying methanol after 4psi. I beat on the car a fair amount, too.