Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

twincharger question

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 07:25 AM
Default twincharger question

i have a fully built d16z6, no turbo yet as im still deciding on the size i want. another problem i have is i want it super and turbo charged. so i need to know what to do to the turbo so it can handle the higher flow from the supercharger. if i get a bigger turbo with more lag that kicks in at higher rpms, and get a twinscrew supercharger that works at lower rpms im pretty sure it would work. i just don't want to buy both and blow my turbo. so if anyone knows what i need to do please let me know.
thanks for the info in advance. and ps money is not an issue so any combo of turbo/supercharger you think would work the best let me know.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Super Cereal Admin

You won't blow your turbo but there's a very good chance the blower will only become a restriction once the turbo spools.

It would be pretty awesome to see a civic running compound boost though

Old 05-05-2011, 04:16 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
You won't blow your turbo but there's a very good chance the blower will only become a restriction once the turbo spools.

It would be pretty awesome to see a civic running compound boost though
X2, I agree ^^^

I'd say just get a nice turbo set up, good tune and call it a day.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:30 PM
HCF Member

OR..Turbo (or sc) and Nitrous lol

Old 05-06-2011, 10:48 AM

the thing is though. i dont want lag. and i don't want just high or low rpm boost. i want it all. and the only turbo i can find to fit the d16 is a t28 or t20. can i make any trubo fit?

Old 05-06-2011, 10:49 AM

and i was actually thinkin nitrous with it no matter what set up i did. just for the extra boost when i need. it. would it work with all three??

Old 05-06-2011, 01:28 PM
HCF Member

I sure hope this is gonna be a weekend drag car...

Old 05-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Any turbo will fit on any engine. What you need to fit the engine would be the turbo manifold. Luckily, the factory exhaust manifold from a CRX HF will bolt directly up to a D16Z6 and you can weld (or have welded) any turbo flange you want on it; a lot of people with "home-made" turbo setups are running modified HF manifolds, and the best part is they're not that hard to find for a good price on eBay. The HF manifold is a "log" style manifold so it's not the best in the world for flow, but unless you're making crazy amounts of power it will be non-issue.

If you really want as little lag as possible and have the money for one, look into variable-vane turbos.

And yes, you can run nitrous with any method of forced induction (or natural aspiration) you want. Just keep in mind that your engine will need properly set up and tuned for nitrous; unfortunately, I know next to nothing about N2O setups, so hopefully someone else can chime in.

Old 05-07-2011, 03:38 PM

yes it will be a weekend race car only. i don't want that much power for daily driving. the turbo i want is - 63mm Garrett GT40R GT4088R GT4088 Dual Ball Bearing Turbo - is this to big? or could i go bigger? input please

Old 05-09-2011, 10:21 AM
HCF Member

Quick Reply: twincharger question