Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

twincharger question

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 09:10 AM
HCF Member

i've only seen ford gt's with turbo and supercharger, 1100 hp+.I'd say go for it. its a great setup, much better than having one or the other imo.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Ford Modular engines have a lot more choices than a D-series engine which means larger blowers that can flow a lot more and won't become as much of a restriction at higher rpm's. As far as I know, with a D-series engine you get to choose between Jackson Racing and Jackson Racing.

Also, it's not extremely rare to see compound-boosted terminator Cobras running around; I'm sure Corvettes have their fair share of guys running compound boost as well.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by reaper2022
As far as I know, with a D-series engine you get to choose between Jackson Racing and Jackson Racing.
Correct.

I doubt anyone has even looked inside of a D16 JRSC intake manifold. It is restrictive as fawk. I'll see if I can get a picture of my manifold from the side to show you guys how small it really is.

OP, if you want big power, sleeve the motor, buy some beefy rods and low comp pistons, and a big ol' turbo and boost the hell out of it. Of course, it is a little more involved than that, but you'll get the idea once research is conducted on your end.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:33 AM
HCF Member

Ford Modular engines have a lot more choices than a D-series engine
i know, a stock GT engine can handle upwards of 1000 hp, i wasnt comparing it to a d series. GT's are the only cars i've had experience with in terms of forced induction,so i was just saying that turbo/supercharger combos can be awesome if you have the right setup. and sense he has a built engine i think it would be cool to see compound boost on a civic

Old 05-12-2011, 06:52 AM

thanks for the website!! ive decided since the only supercharger for the d16 sucks, and because its not for sale anymore i am going to go with turbo and nitrous. thanks for all the info guys!!

Old 05-12-2011, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by lt95civic
thanks for the website!! ive decided since the only supercharger for the d16 sucks, and because its not for sale anymore i am going to go with turbo and nitrous. thanks for all the info guys!!
To clarify, it doesn't suck.

It sucks if you are looking for ALOT more hp than it is rated for.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:39 AM

it only does a 10 psi boost. and since i want to turbo it as well with a 35+ boost the 10 sucks. and its not sold on jackson racing website anymore. so there is nothing i can do.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:25 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
To clarify, it doesn't suck.

It sucks if you are looking for ALOT more hp than it is rated for.
technically... it DOES suck. LOLOLOLOL

Old 05-12-2011, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Shandles
technically... it DOES suck. LOLOLOLOL
LOLOLOL... not really.

Not everyone wants a high hp drag queen.

Instant power and boost is nice BTW. If I get this H22a, I might be selling it. I'm sure I will get MORE than enough interest in it

Old 05-12-2011, 11:52 PM

The supercharger doesn't suck. It's decent. And if you want to be all clever and technical, it's actually referred to as a blower, further damaging your pun.

And you want to do 35+ PSI? Do you actually want to drive the car anywhere? Also, did you know that 35 PSI on a small turbo isn't the same thing as 35 PSI on a large turbo?

Quick Reply: twincharger question