Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

wat kit for H22a

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Default wat kit for H22a

Im on my way to purchasing a H22a, but i want to boost it right away! I want to do all the install my self at my dads shop! Im not sure wat kit to get for the H22 though? If anyone has any ideas or has heard of any good kits for the H series, it would be much appreciated for any input. Thanks Guys

Old 03-18-2006, 01:08 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: wat kit for H22a

a good GReddy or Turbonetics kit will do you nicely. of course you could peice a kit together yourself for cheaper.

Old 03-18-2006, 01:21 PM
HCF Member

Have you considered rebuilding the engine with forged/performance internals and then boosting it? Its gonna cost more and take longer but give you more power in the end.

Old 03-18-2006, 01:29 PM

yeah ive considered it but thats alot of extra $$ for internals right now! I plan to do internals in the long run.. Id like to go all motor but thats a ****-ton of work and $$... Thanks for the ideas and opionions though

Old 03-18-2006, 01:39 PM
HCF Member

Get a greddy, or turbonetics kit, dont run over 6 psi on stock internals. If you do, you'll have problems.

Old 03-18-2006, 02:15 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: GotRice?99ex

yeah ive considered it but thats alot of extra $$ for internals right now! I plan to do internals in the long run.. Id like to go all motor but thats a ****-ton of work and $$... Thanks for the ideas and opionions though
If your gonna build the motor, do it before you swap the engine in and before the turbo. Here is the thing, to install the internals you have to remove the engine from the car and take it apart. This is gonna mean a lot of down time for your car. However, if you rebuild the engine right now, you can still drive your car around while you are working on the engine. The second thing to consider is that the turbo you will get for a stock engine is different from the turbo you are going to get for a built engine. It is going to cost you alot more money and give you more problems if you decide to rebuild the engine later. I also want to do a build, and i've already decided that i won't be putting the engine in until it is fully built. After the engine is installed, the only thing i wanna have to worry about is the turbo.

Old 03-18-2006, 05:26 PM
HCF Member

^^ x1000

plus with the H22...down at the bottom they take up a lot of room. so you at LEAST want to replace your clutch/flywheel while the car is out.

Old 03-18-2006, 06:03 PM
HCF Member

I've also heard that H22s have thin cylinder walls and are not so good for boost stock. Maybe you want to look into sleeves.

Old 03-18-2006, 06:09 PM
HCF Member

bah you dont need sleeves unless you plan on boosting over 20psi.

Old 03-19-2006, 12:09 PM

Alright...so if were thinking about fully built H22....How much am i looking at opposed to boosting right away?? I totally open to any suggestions i just want to know some others opions. Another thing? is the H22 really worth it over a B18? I mean i like the pricing of a H22 over the GSR swap or type-R swap! Ive also heard that H22 are heaving and makes handling ****y? True or False? And if TRUE is it that much of a big deal if its a tit-bit heavier? although it has more HP so doesnt it equal out? Im still learing soo bear with me and give all the info you have to your knowledge. Thanks guys

Quick Reply: wat kit for H22a