Non-Honda Discussion Discussion of all other makes and models takes place here!

I don't really like my truck anymore...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!
Default I don't really like my truck anymore...

I really love Xterra's and I would love to get into one soon! But I have been thinking against it since they're only V6 motors that don't get good gas mileage. Thinking about looking into this instead..........

wait for it, wait for it..........

a 98 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport

Link: 98 subaru impreza outback sport

It looks nice but idk. My bro is actually looking into getting a new car so he would get first dips on this but I doubt he would like this I love it though!

Last edited by Kenny-g; 05-14-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:24 PM
HCF Member

XTerra's also at least some use 91 octane. Everytime I look at Subaru's, used they seem to have 2 or 3 hundred thousand miles on them. Which is fine if I get to drive those miles but I'm not buying no vehicle with those kind of miles unless it is for a couple of hundred dollars.

Old 05-16-2011, 05:51 PM

Do it. All the cool kids have subarus.

Old 05-16-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Yea but I've been talking to the owner and he's a great guy. A subie technician at one of the few Subaru dealerships in the San Antonio area.

Anyway I am leaving for my European Vacation in a few days and couldn't get the $3,450 for him so I am hoping it is still for sale when I get back so I could sell my truck, pay it off the truck) and still have the cash left over to buy that!

It'd be payed off, great on gas, have lots of room for people and storage, and the guy's really nice and so would help me if I ever needed it We'll have to see though.

Thanks for commenting in the thread Glad someone did

*Edit: and thanks Hobo I do love Subies

Old 05-16-2011, 07:53 PM
HCF Member

Friend of mine has a WRX with 260k on it, run great and you'd never know it has that many miles. Great cars when taken care of, trash when they aren't.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:59 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

^ well said...I am hoping the guy hasn't sold it by the time I get back from England but at that price and with how well it's been maintained I am sure it will be sold Oh well...I'ma keep my eye out for another cheap-ish one...or an X I have always said that I wanted a Subie some day after I got rid of The Hatch This could be my chance! lol

Old 05-18-2011, 07:46 PM
HCF Member

Eh I don't like the Outbacks though, my friend works for Nissan, but his brand of choice are Subarus, and that's what he first had. But he sold that and got the WRX he has now (with 260k) and paid 4.5k for it... older Subarus aren't too hard to find and with high miles. His was all highway miles, the guy went back and forth from Milwaukee to Chicago, has a spot of rust the size of a dime that is just surface. Moral of the story is I think you could find something cooler (in my opinion) for a little more... bug eyed WRXs only kbb at like 7k.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Mhmm mhmm mhmm, a WRX would be very nice but I want something that is either a wagon or a SUV for storage and people reasons WRX's have the people room but unless you get a nifty (expensive) roofrack you don't have a whole lot of space. Plus I just like small wagons anyways idk why hahaa I'm in England right now and here you see them EVERYWHERE! It's so crazy/awesome

Old 05-23-2011, 07:46 PM
HCF Member

in case you didnt know, in the early 2000's there was a 2.4L four cyclinder xterra that got 17mpg city 23 highway,

the v6 xterra got 15 mpg city and 20 mpg highway

and the kicker is the subaru only gets 19 mpg city and 25 mpg highway

granted the subaru's mileage is higher, but not by enough to where i would not get the car that i really want,

one last note: only the supercharged v6 xterra requires premium gas,

Last edited by HugeCow Inc; 05-23-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:50 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Thanks for the info! I am sure though that the 4cyl Xterra is only 2wd which I do not want so I will probably end up sacrificing a lot of gas mileage by getting the V6 (all 4x4 models in the Xterras have V6 motors) and I agree that the Subie isn't much better on gas but the highway mpg number is what interests me since that's mainly what I drive almost all the time especially since my college(s) aren't exactly near my home in San Antonio. I have been really thinking about looking for a decently priced Audi Avant in some model but so far nothing has peaked my interest. I mainly want a 5dr wagon with awd and good gas milage that doesn't look hideous. Either that or a kick @ss 2000-01 Nissan Xterra Se V6 4x4 in blue, silver, or green. Decisions decisions decisions lol

Quick Reply: I don't really like my truck anymore...