Non-Honda Discussion Discussion of all other makes and models takes place here!

Kia owner anonymous

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 11:06 AM
HCF Member
Default Kia owner anonymous

Hi, my name's Isaac, and I own a Kia. I hate my life, and I think this car perfectly embodies that ideal.
Just kidding about that last part.

Backstory - My 95 Civic EX had a jacked up frame, blown engine, and destroyed suspension. I realized it was totally outside my budget to fix that car in the time I had to work with. I had no real credit history since I'd paid cash for every car up to that point. Thus, I found myself at a Kia dealership buying a 2008 Kia Spectra LX with 22000 miles on it and a 100k mile warranty. It has a 2.0L DOHC engine that makes 14X HP. I have no power locks, no power windows, no keyless, etc. It was ****ing cheap, but I do miss my keyless entry and sunroof.

I want to keep the car mostly stock or easily reverted before I can sell it. Anything you guys would recommend?

Old 06-21-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

..........its a Kia. A Kia Spectra to be more specific. People dont do stuff thats "kool" to Kias. The only way thatit could be remotly okay is if it were the 5 door hatch model. Those arent that bad and i personally kind of like them. So i say in your case just trade it in for a Forte Koupe Its a wana-be Civic and its cheaper (if im not mistaken), plus it doesnt look half bad.

Was j/k but i truthfully dont know of anything that you could do to a Kia that'd be worthwhile. Maybe power a power windows from another Spectra thats wrecked or something? Idk, maybe an aftermarket keyless entry/alarm ??? Keep the Forte Koupe in mind though...they're prety bad @$$ in my book.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:12 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Kenny-g
..........its a Kia. A Kia Spectra to be more specific. People dont do stuff thats "kool" to Kias. The only way thatit could be remotly okay is if it were the 5 door hatch model. Those arent that bad and i personally kind of like them. So i say in your case just trade it in for a Forte Koupe Its a wana-be Civic and its cheaper (if im not mistaken), plus it doesnt look half bad.

Was j/k but i truthfully dont know of anything that you could do to a Kia that'd be worthwhile. Maybe power a power windows from another Spectra thats wrecked or something? Idk, maybe an aftermarket keyless entry/alarm ??? Keep the Forte Koupe in mind though...they're prety bad @$$ in my book.
Nah, I'm keeping this car either until I pay it off and can sell it, or a local dealership runs one of those "if you'll buy a car from us, we'll pay off your trade in" specials. If I trade it in, it sure as hell isn't going to be for another one of these things. If I trade it in for a new car, it's probably going to be a Civic SI or a VW GTI. If I pay it off, then I'm selling it and getting a 98-00 Prelude.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:31 AM
HCF Member

soooo, why did you buy the thing in the first place? Seems like you hate it.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:21 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by croninc
soooo, why did you buy the thing in the first place? Seems like you hate it.
I don't exactly hate the car. I just don't see hardly any improvements over my previous car, and that was 13 years older. I think it speaks a lot about Honda's engines that their engine of the same size as mine makes almost 60 more HP. Really, the car isn't all that bad, but I do only have it because the Kia dealership here was the only place that had a first time buyers program.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:01 AM
Cat Fuсker

Boost it.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:37 AM
HCF Member

I considered it. God knows there's enough room in my engine bay for a second engine, so working in there will be a breeze. I'm more concerned that that little 2.0 won't be able to handle more than 2 psi of boost or something.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:02 PM
HCF Member

If it isn't the car you really want then just drive it take care of it & do ONLY maintenance on it. Why screw with a car that isn't really what you want. Save your money so you can fix up the car you really want when you get it.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:43 AM

Your best bet is to just ty to make it sound fast. Maybe a 50 shot of NOS?

Old 08-23-2010, 03:14 PM

NOS is never recommended...

Quick Reply: Kia owner anonymous