Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

700+whp HERE I COME!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 06:10 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 700+whp HERE I COME!!

ORIGINAL: Patrick

yamaha, while im aware that alot of people are into autoX or road racing (ive autocrossed) when people are drag racing, which is basically what you posted, it should be done from a stop. they werent turning, they were going in a perfectly straight line, and seeing who could pull on who...its drag racing for drivers who arent skilled enough to launch a car, or for people who are too cheap/arent knowledgable enough to put together a suspension setup that will handle a given amount of power...for instance, we have several guys on here who who have posted huge dyno numbers, and only produced ETs in the 13s? thats terrible. im only putting down around 360hp and running mid 12s with a 3700lb car...
FWD is a BIG factor. Neither of them will put the power down until they reach higher speeds. If you want to see who's car is actually faster (power/weight/areodynamics), a roll will certainly show you which one is faster. I do most of my races from a roll... Mainly because I am less likely to break something, plus I cannot get enough traction for the short strip available (especially on the street... Unless they want to see who will complete the mile first at over 170mph which the Taurus in the vid I posted CAN do), and most of my short races on the street are already from a roll.

Generally, setting up suspension for the strip henders road course performance. The Taurus in the video does run on road courses as well as the street. He does get low 13's (probably in the 12's on a perfect day), but he produces trap time in the 120's+. Running from a roll isn't merely determined because someone can't launch their car... Some cars are just NOT drag cars (in which case doesn't bother me because I don't like to wait in line for 20min - 1hr for sub <13 seconds of "fun".

ORIGINAL: Patrick

i, on the other hand, have never had any of my cars on a dyno, because ive learned how to tune (and build) a car/motor without paying a shop to do it...
I too tune myself with my laptop, however, it is nice to know how much power you're actually putting down.

Old 10-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Administrator

the one time that i went to the atuoX track, i waited forever for a run.....and to boot, my car was slow...

and while i understand your point about how drag suspension hurts turning performance, but im not talking about a pure drag setup...im talking about the people who spend 10 grand on engine/tranny work, and then dont touch the suspension...

as for the 120 trap speed, that tells me that his car is good for/has the potential to be an 11 second car. he probably had a 60 foot time in the 2.10 range?

i dont know...i understand that youre a road racer/autocrosser, as you have videos, but most people are douchebags and dont have the skill to drag race (or turn) and they use "its set up for road racing" as an excuse...ive heard people say that before, and when i asked them "where do you road race", guess what? they dont.

as for the roll racing, my car weighs 3700lbs, so getting it going from a stop is a hassle...roll racing would suit me just fine, and while i would run out of gear, im pretty sure that i would hand most "roll racers" their asses, even in a rolling quarter...i just think that its a way for people to make excuses...

Old 10-20-2006, 06:48 PM

Patrick, this isnt just a built motor. Its a brand new shortblock and head. how many times must I say that? Im not paying for them to build my stock block. They are building a new block and installing new internals. Then im strapping on a GT35r kit....if you think Im wasting my money i could give a sh t less, but you have to understand this is MUCH more than just an engine build.

and 4U2NV (chris) Drives his car everyday. He is VERY well known in the street racing scene, and his SRT4 has built up quite a reputation from taking down the AMS Evo...before this new set up hes got.

I swear patrick you hate the world...you need to smile every so often it helps lol

Old 10-20-2006, 06:51 PM
HCF Member

I know AMS. In fact, its right by my house. People say its really expensive though.

Old 10-20-2006, 06:56 PM
HCF Member

I understand. There are a lot of ricers that claim that stuff, that's why I use videos. I still like drag racing, but I really love the road course. On track days, you can run all day without stopping if your car can handle it. I wouldn't bother setting my car up for the quarter mile. It'll never see it's potential with FWD. My buddy in his "race SHO" (3,300lbs, gutted, roll cage, setup for road courses, 520whp on race gas) ran a 13.2 @115 (5,800 ft above sea level) bogging it off the line and spinning at the top of first, and shifting slower than my grandma (doesn't want to break anything) and it was his only run he got. He runs 9" wide rims and track tires, but that car is truely setup for the road couse... As you can see in the video... http://panamapat.no-ip.info/SHO/Vid/...1008143931.avi

It's fun to run down the quartermile a few times... But I don't consider that the only way of racing.

Old 10-20-2006, 06:59 PM
Administrator

im not questioning how much youve spent...i dont even know how much youve spent. the person who i just built the 2.6 stroker for lucked out and got the bottom end (eagle rods, je pistons) for an AMAZING price..all new. however, im sure that youre paying a pretty penny, and my only point was that surely you could buy the parts that they use? i dont imagine that they mill their own heads and block?

also, im not questioning that he drives his car every day...im questioning that the way that he drives it, that it would dyno those numbers.

and when i hear "well known in the street racing scene", i actually hear "is afraid of the real racers at the track"...dont get me wrong, ive made my share of runs on the street, but i dont involve myself with the children who stick to the street, thus avoiding the actual fast cars at the dragstrip. i saw the ams evo run 9.30 this past weekend...i would have to see this srt4 do it on video to believe that, considering that darrel ***'s runs high 7s, low 8s, IIRC...and that is with a fully built track car...so while i dont think that its not possile, the *** srt4 is basically a soda can with a huge drivetrain...i cant imagine that a full interior, daily driven srt4 could put up numbers even close...

and i dont hate the world...i hate bench/dyno/magazine racers..."the car has a million whp, so it must be fast"...

Old 10-20-2006, 07:05 PM
HCF Member

sounds like fun..........the question is........do you really want 700whp? im not trying to hate or anything like that just asking if that is your goal.

Old 10-20-2006, 07:07 PM
Administrator

i will also point out that the video features a dynojet...

Old 10-20-2006, 07:09 PM

ok well my only point was thats its a pretty impressive number. Im not bench dynoing here. I just brought up the fact that this guy just dyno'd 700+whp and I thought it deserved some attention.

but then you had to go and complain about how you could do the same sh t for MUCH less, and how AMS is overpriced, and then you get into street racing isnt real racing. Which im not arguing ANY of those points. Its just the fact that every point everyone brought up, you tried to shoot down. Just calm down patrick, I was just giving respect to Chris and his car....

and his car didnt beat the famed 9 second evo...he beat another evo that i believed tuned and built by AMS, with 600+whp. Granted this was on the street so I dont expect you to pay any attention to it.

We understand that drag racers are the sh t....hahaha just calm down.

ORIGINAL: finalimpact

sounds like fun..........the question is........do you really want 700whp? im not trying to hate or anything like that just asking if that is your goal.
short answer

hell yes.

Old 10-20-2006, 07:16 PM
Administrator

im plenty calm...im just making a point, bcause like i said, some people believe everything that they read...i brought up the *** car because you said this:

and his SRT4 has built up quite a reputation from taking down the AMS Evo
when you said "the ams evo", i was lead to believe that it was the shop car...keep in mind, you arent the only person here who knows about srt4s...

next lesson..who knows why i pointed out about the dynojet?

Quick Reply: 700+whp HERE I COME!!