Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Bumble Bee Eats Sh**

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Chubby Chaser

doubt all you want, but our chief of police here cannot carry a gun because he has a felony on his record.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:59 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Forty04
You continue to imply ******* cops are the majority. Like i said, good cops are the majority, not the other way around.

Just because you live in ****town USA and don't like the local PD, doesn't mean A LOT of cops abuse the priveledge.

People seem to think that they somehow "know" what goes on behind the scenes at police departments, and that just because some cop gave them a hard time that he must be abusing his power. You guys have no idea what these people train for and do for a living. You'd probably have more "off-days" too if you had to deal with the scum of the earth day in and day out.

FACT: Police officers have to follow a strict code of conduct, and if anything, are under twice as much scrutiny than normal citizens.
i'll disagree and say that there are A LOT of ******* cops, but i will still agree with all the other points and that a majority of cops are good people. it's just that it's not hard to find a dick cop. even the prosecutors at the local courthouse agrees that a lot of cops hurt the system more than they help, but that's still a minority; a minority that's not hard to find since there are a lot of cops in my city lol

Old 10-20-2010, 06:32 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

invalid use of the term "a lot." You can't say a lot, and then call that same group a minority.

Like I said, 5 god damn times now, cops have to follow a code of conduct much more strict than what we have to live by. God forbid they enforce the laws that their job requires them to enforce. I guess that makes them dicks *shrug*

Old 10-20-2010, 09:04 AM
HCF Member

Hmm, Mexican people are a minority in my city, but I guess I can't say there are a lot of them even though I seethem in every restaurant or building???

But I'm really beginning to think that you live in an amazing town with all respectful officers. Yes, cops do have a code they should follow, but not all of them do it. As I said, when i talk to the local prosecutors, they can easily point out which cops do follow their code and make the prosecutor's job simple, and those cops that don't and make their job a nightmare. But who knows, maybe all the prosecutors in your city has it easy?

Old 10-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Chubby Chaser

Originally Posted by forty04

lmao epic face

Old 10-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I know right? lol

blackpearl, lrn2context (ie: minority)

I never said there weren't cops that push the boundaries, but in my experience I've never met one that was a blatant dick just cause he could be, right off the bat. If they're being rude to you chances are you're not fully cooperating and/or were being retarded or breaking laws to begin with.

Heres a great example. On the way back from Cleveland this past January, my wife got popped for speeding. She blames this on two things. 1. "Your radar detector is a piece of ****!" 2. "that cop was a total dick"

The latter has some validity, as the cop was pretty sarcastic about the whole situation. I'll spare you the details, but let's just say he wasn't a fan of radar detectors. He joked about knowing we had one and switching bands to get his speed reading, blah blah blah. So, she gets a speeding ticket and we go on our way.

Now, if we hadn't irritated him by having the radar detector on while traveling 85mph (in a 70mph zone) in the passing lane, he probably wouldn't have given us such a hard time.

You see what I'm driving at here? You can point blame until your *** bleeds but more often than not, it's YOUR fault the cop was in your face in the first place.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:34 AM

Speaking of A-hole cops, recently, I got pulled over for "careless driving". Chirped tires through an intersection when downshifting to first instead of second on a light that was red. I was getting ready to shift into first, stopping at the red light, and going when the light turned green. It caught me off guard and I dropped the clutch too fast thinking I was in second. Whoops.

Cop comes up to my window and simply asks arrogantly, "So, was it worth it?" and that's it. I had my license/reg./insurance in my hand ready to go, he honestly grabbed it out of my hands (which were inside the vehicle), and said, "Give me that ****. I'll be right back." All I said to him was, "I am not sure what you are referring to officer" after the first question.

When he came back, he kept mentioning about the noise the tires made and that we are close to a residential area (not in one; one a semi-major road outside of town), but nothing about how I was driving carelessly (with no other vehicle around me I might add).

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 10-20-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:11 PM
HCF Member

@Forty04

That sounds a little better, because it seemed earlier that you kept on saying there are no cops that abuse their authority, but I seems clear that just YOU haven't run into a dick cop, or stupid one for that matter. I personally have a vey light foot and have never gotten a ticket so I also haven't me any such cop but there is no way in he'll I'm going to assume they are all good people.

I can only base my opinions off stories from friends and the prosecutors.

One example I can give is that my buddy got a ticket for being lowered in his 240. But, he wasn't modded at all. He just painted his stock rims orange for kicks and the cop told him specifically that my buddy was pulled over for being a ricer. Well my buddy went to court and the ticket was dropped but that was basically a waste of time for everybody just so a cop could mess with a Ricer.

Anyways, I'd give a cop the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not gonna that everything they do is justified, like the op topic

Old 10-20-2010, 08:33 PM
HCF Member

well a big thing by me as wel as everywhere is cruising, and cops target just about any car that is lowered or has loud exhaust because of the racing and stuff that goes on. so any time i see a cop i put the clutch in to quiet my car and just roll pass and watch my rear view mirror or watch for the turn around and if he does im turning in to residential streets lol. but we all know what we are getting in to when we put stuff on our car, and they know we all do it for a reason. they know we swap motors for speed and stuff like that, they aren't stupid. i knew when i got my exhaust it was illegal and theyd hear it and come for me. a few monthes ago i was with my old gf and leaving a restaurant. we were coming down hwy 100 (where everyone cruises), it was 10 at night, on a wednesday (nobody really cruises on wednesdays), and i was going exactly 40, the speed limit, and a cop was sitting on the side clocking people. i was going to the speed limit, but he saw my exhaust and pulled out behind me, i knew exactly what it was for. when he pulled me over i wasnt an ***, he was nice to me. told me my modified exhaust is illegal and to drive safe, didnt give me a ticket. if you treat them with respect theyll treat you with respect too. now obviously have an aggresiv elooking car, lowered, exhaust, puts them in a different mindset. when they walk up to say my civic, they are thinking this is some kid racing around on the street, versus they pull over a camry and are thinking it is just a normal person. our cars change their mentality when they pull us over, youve just gotta suck it up.

that sucks too cv. did you end up getting a ticket?

and the local police department (west allis) is pretty fair, most aren't total asses. but sherrifs and highway patrol are total douches. they dont give any modified car a chance.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Check your local laws, looks like Wisconsin has a few details regading the legality of suspension and exhaust alterations.

Again, they're not being dicks, they're just doing their job

Quick Reply: Bumble Bee Eats Sh**