Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

I bought my Civic :-)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 06:40 PM
HCF Member
Default I bought my Civic :-)

I bought a 2002 Civic EX 5-speed on Monday and I'm actually liking it. It's tight, solid, smooth, and quiet.... although it has absolutely no power from what I am used to, but that will just keep me out of trouble. I traveled down to Phoenix Arizona to find a clean one, (and it gave me a reason to go visit my home town) and it is pretty clean with 24k miles. It did not come with keyless entry, but I purchased the OEM systme online and will install as soon as it gets here.

I am looking to install and alarm on it, but I was wondering if the OEM one would give me keyless entry, or would I still need the system I just bought? Could anyone fill in here?

Anyway, here is the car out in front of my parents house. I have a stereo ready to go in and I desire a short shifter, but like the stock feel otherwise (the rubber door and fender bumpers are coming off). I'm also going to add some Hawk HP-S brake pads too.

Old 11-02-2005, 06:59 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: I bought my Civic :-)

Nice find! Those wheels look good. I was in Phoenix last weekend too

Old 11-02-2005, 07:13 PM
HCF Member

I was told that those rims came stock on the '03 coupes. My mom has 'em on her '02 sedan They look great, no matter how many doors you have!

Old 11-02-2005, 09:00 PM
HCF Member

car looks good. i thought those rims only came on older SIs and select EXs? i didnt know they were still using them. this is the first newer car ive seen with them

Old 11-03-2005, 07:22 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Nice choice man!

Old 11-03-2005, 08:40 AM
HCF Member

There is no alarm on that car. You just have keyless entry.

Old 11-03-2005, 12:56 PM
HCF Member

nice buy! now you got to make it as fast as the sho..oh ya nevermind u want to make this just a everyday driving that you dont want to worry about eh...im pretty sure if you get a oem alarm, you can get the option of keyless too..because i have keyless and they added a oem alarm to it and it works tougher

Old 11-03-2005, 07:34 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga

There is no alarm on that car. You just have keyless entry.
Thanks!

I did a little research and found that the car does not have an alarm and that all EX's did come with keyless entry. I went to the Honda dealership to see what they wanted for the remotes and then told them I could get the whole keyless entry for less. I then went to ebay and found new remotes for $20 a piece.

I'm trying to decide if I want to get the factory alarm or an aftermarket one. I like the factory unit because everything plugs right in. Some aftermarket alarm companies make harnesses so everything plugs right in, but I wonder how close to stock they come and whether or not I can continue to use my stock keyless remotes... Anyone have any experience with this?

As far as the SI wheels go... I was originally looking at an EX in Texas that had steel wheels and hub caps. I was going to get some SI wheels off of ebay for it, but I just go lucky when this car came equipped with them already.

Old 11-03-2005, 08:26 PM

Nice car man!