Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Mobsta's Nitrous Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 01:12 PM
HCF Member
Default Mobsta's Nitrous Project

Alright I have been hiding it for awhile but it's time to come clean about it, I have a drug problem.... I am addicted to nitrous oxide lol.

Since I am almost the only person on here that is going to run nitrous instead of a turbocharger I thought I would makea mini nitrous build threadon how to do it right then when I am installing everything I will write a diy on the install.

My setup isn't going to be anything special but I'm not just slapping on a kit and calling it good so here it is:

-ZEX Dry kit, running a 55 shot for awhile. I don't know if I will change it to a 65 or 75 later on yet. Fun fact: ZEX and NOS both measure their shots in crank hp and NX is the only one that I know of that measures their shots in whp.
-Simple purge kit, I'm not going to spend any extra money on the duel purges or ones with lights... just something to get the job done.
-Nitrous filter. Not extreamly nessisary but they are cheap so why not.
-2 Step colder plugs and replacing fuel filter just to be safe.
-I'm getting an external msd ignition coil and plug wires, some say honda's ignition systems are kind of weak at high revs so this should help a bit.
-MSD Three Stage Retard Control. For a 55 shot I do not need to retard timing but I am going to do 2* anyway, again to be safe. The cool thing about the three stage is so if I want to upgrade to a 2 or 3 stage nitrous system it can retard timing in stages as the nitrous stages change also.
-Fuel pressure safety switch. This is a sensor that you install inline on the fuel line and it measures fuel pressure, if it falls to low then you cannot activate nitrous saving your engine from going way to lean.
-MSD RPM activated window switch with 3k on and 7k off.
-Electronic nitrous, fuel pressure gauge and inovative wideband gauges on the a-pillar.
-ZEX maximizer kit. Adds another bottle to the system.
-Eventually bottle openers but not for awhile probably.
-Also holding off on a clutch, just hopeing this stock one will hold a 55 shot for awhile until I get time to install a stronger clutch.

Name:  gotzex.gif
Views: 46
Size:  7.4 KB

I am ordering most of this stuff today and yesterday my dry nitrous kit got here which is the only thing I have pictures of at the moment. More pictures are comming in as soon as the parts do and when I install them.

Name:  ZEXDryKitJan062008.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  37.7 KB

Old 01-06-2008, 01:18 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Time to come clean... I have a drug problem

yay nitrous diy finally some one good luck

Old 01-06-2008, 02:07 PM
HCF Member

I only knew one guy who had zex in a sick RSX, it was pretty sweet. You got to get a video of when you have it installed, nice set up!

Old 01-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: MrMobsta Man

Time to come clean... I have a drug problem
you always did look a little skinny.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:17 PM

well the first step to a 12 step program is admitting you have a problem.....so scratch off step 1.
im also runniing a Zex kit. 75 shot for me though. i have ARP head studs to hold it together.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:28 AM
HCF Member

wow how did i miss this? Well Mobsta you wrote the FAQ, so hopefully you know what you're doing and good luck for sure man

Old 01-09-2008, 04:39 PM
HCF Member

sweeeeet, i actually wanted to run a 55 shot on my setup to, just so i can say im built, boosted, and spraying [sm=badbadbad.gif]. let us know how you like it, nitrous sounds like to much fun!

Old 01-13-2008, 10:49 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Mobsta's Nitrous Project

Minor update, I got my purge kit in the mail friday and I also decided that I will be upgrading to a 255LPH fuel pump and getting an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.
Name:  DSC00044.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  44.1 KB

The reason I haven't be buying things as quickly as I would like... I needed to know how much my speeding ticket would cost...
Name:  DSC00025.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  38.6 KB

I still have enough for most of the setup and by the time comes to where I will actually be using the kit (tracks during the summer) I will have it all together for sure. I am ordering the maximizer kit with a nitrous gauge and manifold and the nitrous filter later today.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:28 PM
HCF Member

Maximizer kit came yesterday
Name:  210lbs.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  40.8 KB

I finished installing the whole basic system so far. I was nervous as hell drilling into my $300 intake... lol
Name:  zexinstalled1-18-08.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  48.7 KB
Name:  zexinsidesideshot.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  52.2 KB

My unfinished trunk:
Name:  DSC00078.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  29.5 KB

I just like this picture:
Name:  hoodopenwbottle.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  39.4 KB

Picture of my nawz button and my cluster from addiction's DIY:
Name:  nawzswitch.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  16.7 KB

I didn't get to install the purge kit yet because it came with the wrong fitting for the hose to solenoid so I had them send me another one, when it gets here I will install it.

Old 01-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Recognized HCF Member

green cluster
just looks like ya should have TWEAKED it a little... or maybe its just the angle the 7RPM doesn't look lite...

tho the cop picture is amusing.....

so wheres the PURGE lines? ya know ya need some green lights on it to match [8D]

looks good under the hood. tho IMO i think it would realy pop if ya polished those raised lettering on the valve cover...

Quick Reply: Mobsta's Nitrous Project