Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Mobsta's Nitrous Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 07:56 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Mobsta's Nitrous Project

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

green cluster
just looks like ya should have TWEAKED it a little... or maybe its just the angle the 7RPM doesn't look lite...

tho the cop picture is amusing.....

so wheres the PURGE lines? ya know ya need some green lights on it to match [8D]
I do need to tweak it I think but I think I put the gauges back in before the glue cooled down and now I can't get them to come back out and I am scared to pull too hard becasue I think they will break, one of the strips are also interfering with the trip odo. so it is messed up and I can't reset it. it is stuck on 222... lol ooops.

I might get a green purge light but that would be after I get everything else I need on my list bought but I am not sure if I am going to or not.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:13 PM
HCF Member

wow, my LED strips screwed up my trip odomoeter too, i'm stuck at 972 lol

nitrous project looks like its coming good get the green purge light if you have the money, thatd fit your car well

Old 01-20-2008, 09:10 PM

NOS FTW!

good luck dude... im sure it will work out well.

just hide the bottle better in the trunk... lol cops dont like nos too much.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:14 PM
HCF Member

lol zex not nos man.... and I don't keep the bottle in it when I actually drive it, I just put it in for the picture and to mark where I needed to drill holes for the brackets.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:19 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mr Mobsta Man

lol zex not nos man.... and I don't keep the bottle in it when I actually drive it, I just put it in for the picture and to mark where I needed to drill holes for the brackets.
techincally you r right you have a zex system, but NOS stands for Nitrous Oxide Sysytem, so you r both right lol

Old 01-21-2008, 01:38 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya for the trip milage you have to route the strips so it wont hit it... i ran into the same problem when doing it as well i just moved the strips alittle more to clear..
main thing is when using hot glue is to HOLD the strips inplace until the glue dries.... if ya let go they can move/slide over slowly... i think this is how my final strip was routed...

i think that is... ill be pulling the cluster this week sometime because im geting some stockers in the mail so i can put the car back stock to sell it... so ill take somemore pictures of it when i pull the strips out.

it just takes alittle tweaking, just experiment with moving the strips around a bit and keep testing the milage trip needle.

you guys must have circled the whole flexstrip down on the right side... that will get in the way of the trim meter, downfall is its a tight fit with the other strip... on mine it looks like a long piece, but they are just touching eachother very tightly

Old 01-27-2008, 06:32 PM
HCF Member

Anyway back on track, I spent my last $800 on gauges and a speeding ticket so I am building my setup from paycheck to paycheck now.

I will post pictures of the gauges tomorrow (Autometer Cobalt Fuel pressure, nitrous pressure, and AEM UGEO Wide band)

I got the right fitting sent to me for the purge kit and installed it today, I would have a video of purging to show you guys but I don't have any nitrous yet.
Name:  purgekit.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  14.3 KB

Maximizer kit installed:
Name:  bottlesintrunk.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  12.3 KB
The bottle on the right is the old style which is why it is mounted different, I am going to buy the new style brackets and mount it like the bottle on the left so it is symmetrical. (I'm a perfectionist)

Old 01-27-2008, 07:50 PM
HCF Member

whoah looks good dude.. ****ty luck with the ticket tho that sets ya back a bit

Old 02-25-2008, 12:26 PM
HCF Member

Okay, finally some more updates. I got new brackets for my old bottle so it will match the maximizer kit better,got the 3 stage msd ignition timing controller, got the rpm window switch/traction control device from ZEX (I found this not long ago, it does both the rpm window and lets me pick what gear my nitrous starts spraying it and it was cheaper than the msd window switch.) I am going to spray the 55 shot in first and see how that works but when I move up to a 75 I might have to make it start in second I am not sure yet.

I also ordered an MSD Sports compact ignition with a blaster coil and spark plug wires. In a few days I am going to get the colder plugs, I have just been putting this off for awhile because the people at advance and auto zone around here are a little less than helpful most of the time.

ZEX RPM Window switch:
Name:  DSC00086.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  26.9 KB
I will install this tonight probably so I will have an updated picture of it soon.

MSD Timing Controller:
Name:  DSC00084.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  26.8 KB
I am going to have to wait until the rest of my msd ignition stuff gets here before I can install this.
They do also make this extremely easy too, it comes with an assortment of pills so you just have to plug in the ones you want and you can swap them quick.
Name:  DSC00085-1.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  31.2 KB
This can be mounted in the engine bay but it is still fairly large so I don't know where to put it yet.

New license plate finally:
Name:  DSC00077-1.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  35.0 KB

Old 02-25-2008, 12:57 PM
HCF Member

nice. Can't wait to see it all done. Nice license plate

Quick Reply: Mobsta's Nitrous Project