Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Who buys this for there 16 year old son?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 03:46 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Who buys this for there 16 year old son?

F**k buying your kid a car. If I had a son or daughter I wouldn't buy them s**t. I had to pay for my first car myself, so they should too.

Mine was a 89 mercury topaz!!! made it to 100 mph lol. 3spd auto

Old 11-16-2007, 04:27 PM
HCF Member

my first car was a 72 Nova with a self built 434 big block, ford 9 inch rear end, 2 speed powerglide, moser axles, mini tubbed rear end, roll cage, and 4.56 rear end gears. If I still had the car I would at this point run it against any production car produced in the world in the 1/8 mle. I never wrecked it.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:36 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

my first car was a 72 Nova with a self built 434 big block, ford 9 inch rear end, 2 speed powerglide, moser axles, mini tubbed rear end, roll cage, and 4.56 rear end gears. If I still had the car I would at this point run it against any production car produced in the world in the 1/8 mle. I never wrecked it.
Yeah, but that is the big difference. You built that car yourself. You held each bolt, and piston. You knew what went into making it and you loved it. The problem is when you give a kid a car and he has no respect for it or what really went into getting it for him. That was my point.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:36 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

well you had more of an appreciation and knowledge of cars going into it. very rare to see 16 year olds with a car like that. it's NOT rare however to see 16 year olds **** their first car up.

yea, if my dad bought me a sports car when i was 16, i'd have shat a brick and jumped up and gone crazy like a girl at her sweet 16 party. but that doesn't make it ok for a parent to give their immature, inexperienced kid a serious sports car. unless MAYBE they were doing kart races or something as a kid. in which case, they'd have more of an understanding and appreciation for the situation.

if that kid really got that car, i doubt it (as i said, he says "just playin" in his comment), then he'll most likely total that thing. i'd bet money on it.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya my impala was only 2K bucks..... needed some work like any car. but i can fix that car with a adjustable wrench and duct tape.... well not fixed BUT fixed enough where i could get it home....
and trust me the way i drove that TANK.... i had to fix it alot. LMFAO i did some VERY STUPID **** in that car! but i always fixed it myself with my own money!

Old 11-16-2007, 04:58 PM
HCF Member

Anyone know what song that is at the end?

Old 11-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Three Days Grace-Riot

Old 11-16-2007, 05:22 PM
HCF Member

well thats one way to get rid of you kid for good

stupid noob +[sm=gears.gif] = [sm=outcold.gif]

Old 11-16-2007, 06:16 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

Three Days Grace-Riot
Nice, thanks

Old 11-16-2007, 08:13 PM
HCF Member

I had a police spec 88 Caprice for my first car that i paid for by trading in a truck i had. I had the truck as a partial gift when my dad bought his new truck because the axle was messed up. So i traded it for the caprice with an extra 1500 dollars and off i went in my pimp mobile. it was fast enough to have fun in, slow enough not to have to worry about killing myself in and big enough to learn driving the hard way, especially when the power steering pump starts giving out.

Quick Reply: Who buys this for there 16 year old son?