Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

WTF!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 07:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: WTF!?

I disagree taht the F20C has more potential than a LS1. It doesn't matter wat u do to a four cylinder, its never gonna make V8 torque. And like 10lbs of boost is gonna get u to like wat 350 HP on the F20C? 10LBS on the LS1 is gonna get you way more. I would take a corvette over a S2K anyday.

Old 11-16-2005, 07:55 PM

hondas arent known for their power, but more for their handeling and economy. putting anything chevy in it is gunna take that away.

Old 11-16-2005, 08:51 PM

The thing I want to know is why do you guys think the LS1 is a bad engine?

Old 11-16-2005, 10:11 PM
HCF Member

Me too, i dunno why all the import guys hate anything domestic. THe corvette is actually a very good car (especially the new ones). THe corvette engines are really good as well (especially the new Z06 motor). I think that we need to understand that jus cause its domestic doesn't necesarraly mean it is crap. I personally think that the Corvette and the Mustang GT are good cars, i would buy one.

Old 11-16-2005, 10:25 PM
HCF Member

the LS1 is one of the baddest american engines ever. i love that one, and i have to give it up to the Cobra R engine. any american sports car that comes with 4-valves per cylinder, DOHC, and a monster redline gets the thumbs up from me. and i love the aluminum blocks on an LS1, but i still wouldnt drop one in an S2. if i was going to go to that much trouble, I would make a custom chassis, or drop a small block ford motor in a focus. no point in spending 30k+ on a sports car to cut a bunch of it out. and (even though this one doesnt seem to be real) i am pretty sure that the end result would be pretty dangerous without adding a bunch of weight in steel reinforcements. the way an S2 is designed, it has a huge tunnel of reinforced aluminum going down the center, and theres no way you could fit an LS1 tranny in there without cutting a bunch of that out, leaving you with a sloppy, soft-top chassis. and i am pretty sure that you could get some pretty beefy power out of an F20c or F22c for the cost of that LS1. im thinking twin charger, SC/Turbo. i mean with the cost of doing that v8 swap, you could get pretty radical. oh, and one good reason to not like the LS1 is it has pushrods[:'(]

Old 11-17-2005, 04:13 PM
HCF Member

i wouldnt believe an LS1 in a S2000 unless i saw it with my own eyes, not just heard it

Old 11-17-2005, 07:25 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: sacicons

the LS1 is one of the baddest american engines ever. i love that one, and i have to give it up to the Cobra R engine. any american sports car that comes with 4-valves per cylinder, DOHC, and a monster redline gets the thumbs up from me. and i love the aluminum blocks on an LS1, but i still wouldnt drop one in an S2. if i was going to go to that much trouble, I would make a custom chassis, or drop a small block ford motor in a focus. no point in spending 30k+ on a sports car to cut a bunch of it out. and (even though this one doesnt seem to be real) i am pretty sure that the end result would be pretty dangerous without adding a bunch of weight in steel reinforcements. the way an S2 is designed, it has a huge tunnel of reinforced aluminum going down the center, and theres no way you could fit an LS1 tranny in there without cutting a bunch of that out, leaving you with a sloppy, soft-top chassis. and i am pretty sure that you could get some pretty beefy power out of an F20c or F22c for the cost of that LS1. im thinking twin charger, SC/Turbo. i mean with the cost of doing that v8 swap, you could get pretty radical. oh, and one good reason to not like the LS1 is it has pushrods[:'(]
LS1 being the baddest american egnine ever built? I think that the LS7 is some pretty tough competition. 505 HP.

Old 11-17-2005, 08:31 PM
HCF Member

notice i said "one of" cant wait to get my hands on my bosses LS7 Infineon, here I come.

Old 11-17-2005, 09:25 PM
HCF Member

First of all, wats an Infineon? And i thought the only car with the LS7 was th Z06, which doesn't hit the market until next year.

Old 11-17-2005, 10:24 PM
HCF Member

no, it hit the market a month or so ago, and he is supposed to take delivery of his early December. and Infineon is the old Sears Point raceway.

Quick Reply: WTF!?