PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

FS: Honda Civic, Accord Del Sol, Key Box Slide KEY !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: FS: Honda Civic, Accord Del Sol, Key Box Slide KEY !!

o dang black the only color that would have went smooth. no other colors would look good with my car. o well i didnt need it anyways really... just forgot about it.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:52 AM
HCF Member

omg im so mad. i took it to home depot to get it cut and the guy cut it wrong. it opened the door but it won't start the car. i looked at it and saw the cut was off. shoulda taken it to a locksmith. thanks anyway.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Recognized HCF Member

try taking it apart and see if you can replace the key section. you should be able to replace it. its probably got alittle pin holding the steel key in.... then you could probably just get a spare key cut for your car and just drill a hole in the key for the pin.

figure this way... if it doesnt work out then its no big deal.LOL

or what color ya buy? if black ill give ya 15 for it

Old 05-30-2008, 03:45 PM

The colored shell is plastic and can easily be removed from the main body and repainted, the key is held in with a screw that is accessible when you remove the outter shell. From what it looks like, it'd probably be really easy to get a new normal key and then cut it down to fit into the slider for the key box.

I got mine today (bout 3 days to ship), shiaokaz was promt to send messages to aleart me towards the fob being blurple (not solid blue) and quick to ship [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-30-2008, 07:53 PM
HCF Member

i bought the red. imma try using a different key. it came with instructions on how to open it up.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:34 PM

Well I took a copy of my key (well I thought it was but turns out it wasn't the right cut[&:] ) and cut the stem/base of the key down with a dremel and beyond getting the fitment right (too little makes a rattling key) and drilling the hole it's a simple thing to do.

I just searched around the web and either this is a start up company that didn't take off or something because the website on the manual doesn't work, and when searching for something I found a geocities page and then everything else was either bulk sale sites that specialize in importing things from asia or websites in forien script that I was too lazy to translate... There were/are several versions of this thing, there is the basic key version, key box with basic remote, key box with oe transponder chip, key box with multi led lit button and alarm and then various different colors and one different shapped unit...

Old 07-07-2008, 06:44 PM

ORIGINAL: BlackDX
Well I took a copy of my key (well I thought it was but turns out it wasn't the right cut[&:] ) and cut the stem/base of the key down with a dremel and beyond getting the fitment right (too little makes a rattling key) and drilling the hole it's a simple thing to do.
Ijust searched around the web and either this is a start up company that didn't take off or something because the website on the manual doesn't work, and when searching for something I found a geocities page and then everything else was either bulk sale sites that specialize in importing things from asia or websites in forien script that I was too lazy to translate... There were/are several versions of this thing, there is the basic key version, key box with basic remote, key box with oe transponder chip, key box with multi led lit button and alarm and then various different colors and one different shapped unit...
Ya, but the the MultiLED light is useless, and as for the alarm, you would have to take your oem alarm off from your car and install the aftermarket keybox alram ( it aint cheap) so that is why I only purcahsed the KEYBOX when I was in Japan.