Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

00 Civic EX Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Default 00 Civic EX Coupe

The stock handling needs to go, so which setup do you recommend that will not require caster/camber kits? I want to up the tire size as well, would the vehcile support 17' without cutting and mods? Deuces...

Old 04-01-2008, 06:10 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 00 Civic EX Coupe

skunk2 coilovers+skunk2 front/rear camber kit=$1000 total. Get your rims, pick your ride height, get alignment/camber adjusted ONCE and you're done.

I plan on doing this with my 00 ex coupe

Old 04-01-2008, 07:30 PM

The Skunk2 coilovers are adjustable arent they? If they are, i would probably consider them. The only thing i dont like is the price which is a little high, i wanted to stay around the 800 range. I was thinking about the Tokico Strut/Spring kit but they are not adjustable, theyre 1.5 drop in front/1.3 in rear.
Anyways i'll check them out and a few other adjustable coilover kits from tein and bilstein as well

Old 04-01-2008, 10:40 PM

Just remember a rule of thumb...

The lower you go, the more camber you're gonna get.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:09 AM
HCF Member

dont forget you can also improve the handling of a car dramatically by bolting on chassis reinforcement kits (strut bars, etc). honda's have terrible chassis flex. its hard to notice chassis flex compared to body roll which is how much a car leans in a turn.but chassis flex is how much the cars body and frame twist from turning. by installing reinforcement bars (lower arm bar, front tower bar, rear tower bar, mid-section bars, c-pillar bars, etc) chassis flex is nearly non-existant. you will be suprised with the results of just puting a front tower bar (front strut bar) on your car. it helps reduce wheel-hop from taking off fast from a dead stop (drag racing, or just spinning the tires in the rain). but if you want the true feel of a circuit car and smooth daily driver car, then try some chassis reinforcement kits.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:18 PM
HCF Member

I am in the process of installing Tein Stechs, and Eibach Pro Dampers. The shocks where 260 shipped, the springs where 130 shipped, installing both of those requires no camber kit. From all the research I did A LOT OF people recommend the Teins. I liked the Eibach shocks because I feel they are a better name in suspension than the Tociko, KYB and Skunk. By the way I would stay away from the coil overs unless you plan on changing ride height. That is just me, I have been told and have seen that its a pain to try and get all four coilovers just perfect (counting threads and such). Just my opinion but there is a sticky at the top that talks about coilovers and springs.
I bought my shocks from: www.autoanything.com FREE SHIPPING
and springs from: http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/h...ormanceoutlet/

They don't require the camber kit as the drop is only 1.5"only an alignment after your done. Good luck!