Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

alignment issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 03:38 PM
HCF Member
Default alignment issues

my car has always pulled a little to the right ever since i bought it but ive ignored it...

i bought 205/40/17's and it pulled a little harder
i dropped the car 2" and it pulled a little less (my camber was off lol)

well now its driving me nuts, i bought a camber kit and now that my tires are grabbing like they should it pull hard as all heck, if i remove my hand for 1 second im hittin the ditch.. its rediculous...

my passenger side tire it toed out about half inch, its easily visable when i have the stearing wheel dead center.. the drivers side is flush with wheel well perfectly passenger side well, you get it..

question is, how do i fix my allignment? because in a couple of months im going to be pulling some 120+ mph drags and i dont want it to rip my front end off lol

thanks for the help in advance

-didder

Old 04-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: alignment issues

take it to a alignment shop!!!!!!!!! like ya should have done in the first time.... you dont feel to much camber... you feel TOE and toe is what wears tires like a ****!

your car doesnt look that lowered so stock tie rods in front and stock toe adjsuters in the rear should be enough to fix the toe. any alignment shop can work that right out quickly as long as no bolts are seized on the rear. you may luck out and they wont be seized... but from my personal dealing with these rear toe adjusters is they seize to dam easily! my 94 had 3 bushings seized on the adjusters, and my 99 had one seized. and its a huge PITA to replace those.

but my friends 94civic he just got aligned with no problems.....

and if your doing 120mph then make sure your tires are up for that speed! Z rating at least.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:27 PM
HCF Member

tires are zr's, and the pic in profile is with stock suspension.

how much does a shop on average charge to allign? and what exactly would i need to buy in order to do it myself? (i hate shops when i have my own lift and tools)

my rears are fine, just front is screwed up, i adjusted the camber so thats all perfect to, just need fix my front end...

Old 04-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member

do not try it yourself....

theres a reason why they have computer sensors and such straped onto your wheels...
a 1/4 turn of a bolt or 1mm off can make it all pull......

a typical alignment would run 40-75bucks well worth it! tires are expensive! a proper alignment will give you longest tire life and best handling.
its not something you can do properly yourself. you can get it in the ball park BUT get it done by a pro!

Old 04-05-2008, 04:44 PM
HCF Member

no crap? its that cheap? can you say getting it done on monday?

yea my dunlop winter sports lasted 15k lol, think its about time i get it aligned

thanks for everything addiction

Old 04-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya its that cheap... takes ruffly 1/2hour as long as no seized adjusters on the rear.

your only hard part will be finding a shop where you can get onto there alignment rack since your lowered.......

easiest thing to do is buy some 2x6 or 8s and cut them into pieces ruffly a 1-2feet long and then some nails and a hammer to the alignment shop......

just measure there racks ramp height and start adding boards till your car is high enough to clear the rack that way your bumeprs dont get riped off when going up and down
kinda like a step stool for your car layer up the boards to gradualy lift the car.
some shops have ground level racks and ya wont have to worry about them... but if you have to drive up onto a ramp ya need to build some longer ramps.

Old 04-05-2008, 05:26 PM
HCF Member

found one for 50 bucks, totally excited, 5 minutes from my house, and the racks on the ground so im set.

better gas mileage, better handling, better acceleration, smoother cruising, less tire wear, here i come!

Old 04-07-2008, 06:27 PM
HCF Member

Ya, 120 mph with your R/F tire makin a right, and your L/F heading left......whewww. doesn't sound like ANY fun.