Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

ANYBODY EVER BAGGED A CIVIC??

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Default ANYBODY EVER BAGGED A CIVIC??

I was just wondering if anybody has bagged or put rods on a civic and how it was.

Old 02-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Default RE: ANYBODY EVER BAGGED A CIVIC??

Not a civic, but I know a guy who put bags on a toyota rice-truck. The ride was ****ty, and one of them blew pretty quick, but it was cool to go up and down.

Old 02-08-2005, 02:54 PM

I heard if you play with them to much they get screwed up easily.

Old 02-08-2005, 11:01 PM

first off you wont see bags on a civic unless your trying to body drop it or do a more custom setup. most ppl will just use cylinders cause they just bolt up. as far as ride you can use accumalators (i think thats how it's spelled) to help the ride. but like i say hydros and bags are not for everyday driving. i havent had much problem with either types but that depends on who installs them it must be done right but theres allways small thing that go wrong every once in awhile. i've seen stupid ppl using them at the line at the track, it doesnt help if anything it worse cause your alignment will be out

Old 02-10-2005, 01:32 PM

i've seen stupid ppl using them at the line at the track, it doesnt help if anything it worse cause your alignment will be out
actually if you align you car at the ride hight if you play with it lowere or whatever then put it back at the ride hieght or correct psi you alignment will be good again its just no good when its lower then the ride height being stock height that is.

Old 02-16-2005, 08:48 PM

i have air rods on my 99 civic .... i also use a nitrogen supply instead of compressors. first off the kits you can buy from magazines are garbage..we have a shop called dreammakers that is located in new york that put that suspension on all my friends cars. its not for an everyday driver car if u ask me or for a race car. it kind of rides like a caddy with alot of travel. turns can be a lil scary at fast speeds. i have had mine for two years and this year is the first time i had problems and i am not light on my car i am always bangin switchs for every show its what i like. but i only have to fix one cylinder which i already did and it was easier then switchin springs....the valves i and everyone i know are from a car wash and will handle up to 300 psi but the shop owner was tellin me there is even bettter **** out there

Old 05-03-2005, 11:38 AM

nitrogen is the way to go! air is stright, e****ally if u are running .5 inch valves/lines. but if u really want that pop... go with nitrogen. one night wer didnt have any nitrogen, but we did have a tank of Argon... worked just fine.

Old 05-03-2005, 09:50 PM

ORIGINAL: grncivicvtec

I was just wondering if anybody has bagged a civic and how it was.

Yeah, dozens it was fun

Oh, you mean airbags, lol
No, I havent

Old 05-25-2005, 01:44 PM

i have a bagged civic and it was cool the first few weeks on the road but now im sick if it...it sucks dont even go there not worth it to many problems