Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

anyone heard of NEX?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Default anyone heard of NEX?

alright, so after paying off most of my accident i'm finally starting to have a bunch of money to play around with. i'm getting some new seats, a header, plug wires, and all that good buiseness in a little bit, but forst of all is working on the suspension. i was wondering if anyone had heard of NEX suspension. i found a full coilover set made by them for $600 and was wondering if anyone knew about them, good or bad. i'm debating on going with the full coilover system or just some eibachs possibly with kyb's and wanted to know if it would be worth the extra $ to go for NEX's system. this is what i'm talking about. not the same model, but it's the same system

Old 07-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: anyone heard of NEX?

yeah they are pretty decent i would give them a shot you shouldnt be dissapointed

Old 07-21-2005, 02:17 PM

aright, i think i'm leaning towards the full coilover system. think i might get some sway bars while i'm at it

Old 07-21-2005, 04:59 PM
HCF Member

They look nice, but I am easily fooled.

Unless you just really want the adjustability, I would go with KYB/Eibach. You could always get adjustable perches to go with the Eibachs.

Old 07-25-2005, 11:55 AM

I have Nex coilovers for my 95 Civic. I like them, but the ride is really rough when lowered about 2 1/2 inches. I have it about 1 1/2 inch lower than stock right now, but it is still to rough for the ladies on top (seriously). So I'm going to raise it up another 1/2 inch, so it will be a total of 1 inch lower than stock. I hope this helps the comfort factor for the ladies.

Anyhow, it's nice to have the adjustability, but I don't drag race or drift, so I don't really need adjustability. I just want a slightly stiffer suspension for handling with a lower look. So after all this, I would have to agree Street Sniper and go with a eibach pro kit with KYB adjustables like I did on my 98 Integra and 90 Celica and 91 s13 and on all my future daily drivers.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:18 AM

thanks, that was helpful. was the nex bouncy at all? or just rough from being stiffer? how about tein or skunk2 coiloversystems. or would everyone recommend i just save myself $400 and buy eibachs

Old 07-26-2005, 09:21 AM

It's not noticeably bouncy like the Skunk 2's, but when you hit a pot hole or railroad tracks you wish it was a little more forgiving.

I've researched Tein, and they sound like the way to go, especially with EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller) makes it possible for the driver to control the damping force by controlling a motor installed in the shock absorber while being seated in the driver's seat.

If I ran into a lot of money (over $2K) I would go with the Tein Type Flex Coilover system with upper pillow mounts with the EDFC.

One thing to consider if going with the eibachs or any springs for that matter, is the compression tool. I've done maybe 50 or more strut replacements at a import shop and 1 time the spring shot out of the tool. This is deadly! Just be careful. I personally rather take out the stock struts and springs and install a complete coilover system with upper pillow mounts already intact. If you haven't done the spring compression before I would have a pro do it and watch. It's no big deal unless you do it wrong.

With that, it may cost you $100 (I rather lose a $100 than an arm) to have a shop to take off the upper mounts on your stock struts and put on your eibach/kyb set up (of course it would have to be off the car already, otherwise you could triple the price of labor).

By the way, the Nex, with the shiny gold plated coilovers, is an attention getter, especially after I detail the car and drive it at night. The cars from behind can really see the coilovers when their headlights hit it. Just an added bonus if your in to that thing.

Good luck! Let us know what you end up doing.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:43 PM

i've swapped out my suspension before so knowing what i'm doing is not an issue. i only wanted something new that can handle a hell of alot better. one of my friends had that electroniclly controlled dampening system on his A4, great system, but i want to keep my suspension budget around $600 to save room for other goodies. i think i might go with tein, but i've also heard good things about the tokico 6-way dampening system