Nex-O aftermarket Rims - 16"

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 02:42 AM
HCF Member
Default Nex-O aftermarket Rims - 16"

Product: Nex-O PX5 5 spoked rims / hyperwhite coating, 16x7"
Distributor:Wheelmax.com
Vehicle: 1997 Civic DX Coupe
Cost: $500.00 roughly ($800 with tires - kit - shipped)
Installation: Install hardware included if purchasing the kit, lugs, key, valve stems..
Installation Time: 30 minutes or so.

Just thought I would drop a line to post some information regarding the rims I just purchased. Alot of people use Wheelmax.com, it's a decent site, but to be honest, I think I could have had a better experience just ordering from a local dealer.

As far as the wheels, they are excellent. Handle great, look good, are light weight, and seem to take quite an impact without any issues, even on low profile tires. The only complaint I have for them is the hyperwhite coating, which is already showing signs of wear in certain spots. It could be my driving to blame, but they are barely 3 months old. They are built strong, and come with hub-centric rings for whichever car you intend to put them on.

I ordered the kit, complete with Toyo Proxes F4 directional tread all-weather tires, which I might add are incredible, and handle better then about any tire i have ever driven. The total kit, to my door, ready to mount was under $800.00. And their shipping was very fast!

As for Wheelmax, I was a little dissapointed in their service. After mounting the tires, i noticed they were a little shakey at first, so i took them to a local shop to be checked out. They had to balance each tire, even though they were supposed to be previously balanced prior to shipping. They also informed me that one of my new tires was out of round. After talking over the phone with some of their support staff, I was told I would have to buy a new tire, and ship the old one back. I just went to a local dealer and purchased the same tire, sent it back through them, and got the warranty from Toyo. When i called back a 2nd time to try and arrange shipment through Wheelmax, I was given a new person to speak with, and he was not very helpful, even though I requested the CS manager, whom I had spoken with previously, and who assured me he would take care of me.

After the new tire was installed, the wheels ran perfectly true. No shakes, no vibration of any kind. When you hit 80-100, the car just sticks to the road, even around curves. No complaints from me on these wheels, I would gladly purchase another set for my other vehicles. They are more of a budget rim, and that's one reason I was pleased to get such a decent price. I didn't want to blow 2k on a set like I have before. To be honest, these probably out-perform the set I spent more on.

Those of you who are looking at Nex-O, try them out. They are built pretty well, and I am very surprised with the ride I get, even on 16's with low profiles.