Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

BRAKES!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Default BRAKES!!

Hey guys, I'm new here and I have a question about my 96 del sol S. I just spent all day working on my brakes, and they are still giving me trouble. It started out that we were resurfacing the rotors, then I decided I needed new pads. So, two trips later I ended up with some ceramics and piston repair kits for my calipers (the shoes were cracking and beginning to leak). We put everything back on, flushed and bled the fluids in all four brakes. I went to take it for a spin, and it felt gutless. It wasn't hard to push down, so I don't think it's the booster. But I could take the pedal almost completely to the floor before it gave any serious response, and even then it was pathetic. So we bled the brakes about five more times to make sure no air was in the system, and no change. It was perfectly fine before the brake job, and it's never done this before. Sound familiar to anyone? Could it be that when we flushed the brakes it broke something inside the master cylinder? Because as far as I know, it's never been replaced (165,xxx miles). Thanks for any help, it'll save me headaches and $$.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Cat Fuсker
Default RE: BRAKES!!

Please don't get offended by what I'm about to say, but go and take the pads off and CAREFULLY fup them back in making sure they're on the correct sides. What you're describing sounds like brake pads switched up.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:09 PM

brake pads switched as in the front is on the back and the back is on the front? because they won't even fit like that, the back one is bigger and has a handle on it. is that what you mean or am i not getting it?

Old 05-18-2007, 07:45 AM
Cat Fuсker

Left side mixed up with the right side. There's this rivet on each side and they will go back on, but there would be close to no brakes if mixed up.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:16 AM

Thanks, man. I'll try that and let you know how it goes. So just to make sure I got this I'm taking the pads on driver side wheel and putting them on the pas. side, and so on. Don't worry about replying if that's what you meant. Thanks for the help.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:18 PM

I beleive he is saying to switch the inner to the outside