Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

car is screwed --(PICS)--update!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: car is screwed

ya if its happened before..... time to think about FIXING the problem... build a perch for that sucker! cause if it hapens ONCE its only gonna get worse unless ya FIX the problem and keep it from happening again!

the perch doesnt have to be THICK STEEL.... cause its just holding the sleeve up from falling down completly... that way IF it slips out again its only gonna move about 1/2inch or so depending on how you build it...

it doesnt even have to be bolted to the car.... just a steel tubing that will be JUST large enough to go over strut from the top and so it rests on that lower C brace then just slap a bunch of silicone or windshield sealer or something like that to stick the steel shaft to the strut so it doesnt slide around and sqweak...just take your strut and sleeve to any place that sells metal tubing... and if you CANNT find a place that has a preaty close fit... then just have a steel plate cut out to fit the strut tightly and have it welded to the tubbing... ya just cannt weld it to the strut... gases and alot of heat NOT GOOD

ya dont want this problem to continue anymore do you?
fix it so it will never happen again!

and to reuse the sleeve just cut it down so its square...

Old 08-18-2007, 08:45 PM
mxs
HCF Member

You can probably get that warrantied. Call on Monday.

p.s. I think you need more tire... that would have absorbed the impact.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:19 PM
HCF Member

ok, so i talked to the guy and he talked to koni. he e-mailed me back and said that this isnt warrantied becuase koni said it was an "incorrect install" wtf? i installed the sleeves right didnt i? i mean thats what the ground control instructions said to do. the guy said that koni saidi shouldnt have let the sleeve rest on the clip. they said something about a little black piece ( which i dont have and dont know what they are talking about )...somebody help. and tell me if im right or not. look at the first pic and you can tell how it is installed.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:10 PM

i just double checked the instructions Koni gives for their shocks. the instructions clearly say to let theperch(or in this case sleeve)rest on the snap ring, not any black piece. esp since there are no black pieces in the boxes/bags provided by either Koni or Ground Control. as far as the instructions go, and im concerned, u have it installed correctly. i doubled checked to make sure because thats how i have mine installed and it seems correct from the instructions and pieces given.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:30 AM
HCF Member

exactly...the guy got back with me and said that he is going to send me a sleeve but i have to buy a new clip from koni.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:50 AM
Administrator

ouch! hope you get that **** figured out man!

Old 08-23-2007, 10:51 AM
HCF Member

Im not sure about these, but most things that you buy say it is not coverd by warranty if its not done by a "professional installer". At least you getting sleeve.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:03 PM
HCF Member

nevermind the sleeve. i have to pay for that too. oh well, 30 bucks.....and about the warranty, they never asked who it was installed by or anything they just said it wasnt going to be covered....whatever.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Recognized HCF Member

then id ask them what part SHOULD it have instaled inplace to prevent this from happening again... maybe they have some kinda new option for a perch... just an idea....

but ya its the typical... ITS NOT OUR FAULT its user error.... same thing as stereo equipment going in for warente work its never thier fault!